Change shopfy store url

Sashika_Bandara
2 0 0

Hi ,

I alredy purched shopify basic package , but I need to chage my shopify store url.

Eg: https://xxxxxxx.myshopify.com/admin to https://yyyyyy.myshopify.com/admin

please help to regarding this.

******** just red some post mentioning that cannot change , If So what are the solutions I can follow because I alredy purched and set-up my onlie shop as well.

thanks

Replies 6 (6)
David_Hoang
Shopify Expert
18 0 1

hi, I helped many clients in this case , I think the best solution would be to create a new store ( development store , unlimited free under development first ), and then transfer the data over, including themes, products.

Please let me know if the solution fits you. I think we can manage to do in 3 to 4 hours max. my email is at : david@zago.se

best regards

My name's David. I'm a Shopifolic or Shopify-holic. I love making Ecommerce site that converts. I am Shopify Partner and Expert. Doing great both Graphic Design and Development. Drop me a message if you need a hand.
Sashika_Bandara
2 0 0

Can you please let me know how do we transfer the data over to new store ?

David_Hoang
Shopify Expert
18 0 1

i think first you transfer theme, then products and recheck to see if any elements need to be updated. and then fix them if not working. for easier moving store without time limitation, you can signup unlimited free trial shopify at : www.zago.se/shopify we can help you setup the development store. best regards

My name's David. I'm a Shopifolic or Shopify-holic. I love making Ecommerce site that converts. I am Shopify Partner and Expert. Doing great both Graphic Design and Development. Drop me a message if you need a hand.
Saša
Shopify Staff
8 0 1

Hi Sashika,

Saša here from Shopify!

You are correct. Once a .myshopify.com domain is created  and linked to a store it cannot be edited or changes as it is permanently tied to your Shopify account.

You don't, however need to go through the process of creating a new account as long as you are intending to purchase a commercial domain. If you have/purchase your own commercial domain, as long as this commercial domain is set up as your primary domain within the Shopify Admin, your customers will not be able to see the .myshopify.com domain. 

So instead of seeing yourstore.myshopify.com/product, they will instead only be able to see yourstore.com/product.

If you do still wish to proceed with creating a new account and choosing a new .myshopify.com domain, please consult our backup and duplication guide to help you transfer your content from one account to the other.

Cheers,

Saša | Support Guru
support@shopify.com

Mike_Potter
Shopify Partner
74 0 23

We've built an app that can help duplicate a store from one myshopify domain to another. You can check it out at https://apps.shopify.com/store-copy 

It's a lot easier than doing it by hand!

Mike

Co-Founder, Rewind (Backups for Shopify). Apps: Rewind, Replay (clone and sync Shopify stores).
Mikei94
Excursionist
41 3 13

It would be far simpler if shopify simply allowed us to change our beginner store url...

Have a message like "this one will be deleted and bla bla bla".

We bought a domain, so we should have it on our backend store..