Changing product vendor after an order has been placed.

Jeyrandesigns
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any way to change product vendor after an order has been placed but hasn't been sent for fulfilment? 

I have not been satisfied with my print on demand vendor and would like to fulfil the order myself. Is it possible?!

I appreciate any assistance with this issue. 

Thanks,

Jey

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Jeyrandesigns.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is super helpful. This is a great question! It is not possible to change vendors on an order that is fulfilled or unfulfilled. The reason for this is due to the security around the customer, we cannot add new items to the order that was placed without the customers reviewing the new items in the cart. However, if you would like to complete the order on your terms, you can cancel/refund the order with the vendor and then create a draft order to email the customer the new contents of the order.

I can definitely see the benefit of being able to change vendors on specific orders that you receive. With that being said, I am going to use the context as a suggestion to our developers to look into including this feature on the platform.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, happy to help out where I can.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jeyrandesigns
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you for your response.
The issue that I am facing right now is that I have a problem with my
vendor (print on demand), and I am not satisfied with the product they
provide my customer. I am communicating with them to solve the problem.
Meanwhile, I kept the orders on hold until I find a solution.
The order hasn't been sent to the vendor and approved yet, so refound to
the vendor is unnecessary. Payment just happened in my Shopify store and my
account. Is there any way to fulfil the order myself and not send the order
already been placed in my store to the vendor?
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Jeyrandesigns.

Thanks for the quick response and providing that additional context. 

In this case, if the product that has been purchased is connected to the vendor - you will need to communicate with the vendor that you will be fulfilling the order yourself. I would suggest reaching out to our live support to have a further look at the order and vendor that is being used. Due to the sensitive information that would need to be shared, I cannot authenticate you as the store owner over the Community forums.

You can reach out to our live support by logging into your online store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner.

Once you successfully login, you will be directed to the Help Center. Select the topic that you would like assistance with to locate the options to Get Support and speak directly with a Support Advisor about the situation.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog