Is ChatGPT beneficial for your e-commerce store on Shopify?

diwank
Visitor
3 0 2

Hey Shopify community!

We have been using ChatGPT for our business and find it really exciting and useful! We're curious to learn how you think it might benefit your e-commerce store. If you don't mind, we would love to hear your thoughts on the following:

1. Have you used ChatGPT before? (if not, try it out. It's free! https://chat.openai.com/chat )
  2. How have you integrated ChatGPT into your business, if at all?
  3. Are there any features you feel are missing from existing chat products?
  4. Would you find more value in automating conversations or analyzing existing ones for insights?

Thanks for your time and input, it is greatly appreciated! 🙂

Replies 9 (9)

Allzn
Tourist
6 0 1

I just found this list of copywriting prompts which I'm already using - https://thedeptofnext.com/99-chatgpt-prompts-to-turn-you-into-an-elite-copywriter/

Next up is looking at the api - ie: how can I leverage that as a sales converting chatbot

hairylightbulb
Tourist
7 0 0
  1. Have you used ChatGPT before? (if not, try it out. It's free! https://chat.openai.com/chat )
    Yes, I have

2. How have you integrated ChatGPT into your business, if at all?
    Yes we have

3. Are there any features you feel are missing from existing chat products?
    Don't know what you mean by this? Which chat products are you referring to specifically?

4. Would you find more value in automating conversations or analyzing existing ones for insights?
    Not sure what insights is, but news came out today of ChatGPT and Whisper APIs (see: Introducing ChatGPT and Whisper APIs (openai.com))
    If this is what you mean, then its something to look forward to.

Snippet from the link:
    When shoppers search for products, the shopping assistant makes personalized recommendations based on their requests. Shop’s new AI-powered shopping assistant will streamline in-app shopping by scanning millions of products to quickly find what buyers are looking for—or help them discover something new.

preitygupta
8 0 0

Can you please share how you implemented this ? We sell electric bicycles

hairylightbulb
Tourist
7 0 0

Hiii

So I have not implemented on my store yet but use APIs with ChatGPT to automate some of my work. The best place to go would be to OpenAIs discord where they have discussions about Customer Service Agents that are drive by ChatGPT, and then integrate that with your store/erp system (depending on what you have driving your backend).

I hope this makes sense, but if not hmu. 

🙂 

preitygupta
8 0 0
Can you please send a link for the chat? Haven't used discord before. Jt
will really help us. Thanks again

Kimberley528
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Diwank,

Thank you for sharing your excitement about ChatGPT and asking for feedback from the Shopify community. I’m on Growth team at Voiceflow—we help teams like JPMC, Paypal, McDonalds, and Home Depot build their digital assistants. Sharing some thoughts on ChatGPT for Shopify based on my experience!

1. Yes! I’ve used ChatGPT, and I’ve also played around with different AI models.
  2. At Voiceflow we’ve seen merchants get the most value from GPT through customer support, lead generation, and even automating parts of their own store (ie. creating an internal assistant, inventory analysis, order creation)
  3. Having a Knowledge Base! Something that’s levelled up a lot of users for us has been our Instant Assistant feature. With this feature you can upload your own sources (PDFs, Docs, and website links) and have GPT power responses in your chatbot. In other words, you could upload your store’s FAQ, shipping policy, terms and conditions pages, then have a fully functioning chatbot ready to answer questions from those sources. This lets merchants save set up time and let AI handle your customer’s FAQs!
  4. We’ve seen incorporating both (automating conversations and analyzing insights) in your workflow is key. After you’ve set up your automations, you can gain the most value from analyzing past transcripts and identifying notable trends or top intents from your customers.

If you’re interested in adding a Voiceflow assistant to your Shopify store, check out this template here. We’ve also filmed a video walkthrough here.

Hope this information is helpful, and please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best,

Kim

Growth @ www.voiceflow.com
Helping teams build AI assistants.

MichelAubin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have used Chat GPT but am more interested in giving visitors to my Shopify site the ability to create beautiful artwork using the power of AI. Might you know of an app like that which can be integrated into Shopify?

Bryanbrooks
Visitor
2 0 0

It's awesome to hear you're exploring ChatGPT for your business – it's a neat tool. I haven't used it yet, but I'm definitely intrigued by its potential for e-commerce. Integrating it could add a personal touch to customer interactions, which is a big win. If you're looking to enhance your

banned

Fozzels
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi. I hope I'm not spamming here, but I'd like you to try out our new tool (Fozzels.com). This connects via the Shopify API, and lets you batch-generate product descriptions in Shopify. You can even use the product image to retrieve product properties (via gpt-4-vision). 
https://fozzels.com/en/lp/save-money-on-content-writing-using-chatgpt-with-shopify/

J

Generate content for your online store automatically.
Our AI-powered platform can auto-generate a range of quality content, including SEO content, product descriptions, blog posts, category texts or instructions, using ChatGPT (GPT-4).