Checkouts are not available for this store.

Solved
adminEWE
Tourist
6 0 5

Our Shopify development store encountered such weird issue 2 days ago. Just can't finish the checkout process. Could anyone help with this?

adminEWE_0-1625101501466.png

Replies 53 (53)
KevinJ1978
Tourist
5 0 12

This issue has now started happening on my second store, however I can still create orders and mark as paid on my third store.  To test the water further, I created a brand new development store, for which I am again able to create orders and mark as paid, therefore this is either a bug, or there is some kind of threshold related restriction on creating orders for development stores.

KevinJ1978
Tourist
5 0 12

Also I forgot to mention in my post above that your workaround does NOT work for me.  Enabling bogus payments and trying to order through the store results in the error below:

Capture.JPG

KevinJ1978
Tourist
5 0 12

I have just had a response from Shopify support which fully explains this situation.  Basically a change has been made recently that limits the number of real orders that can be placed for a development store (orders created in the admin section of the store are classed as real orders once marked as paid), once this threshold is reached, checkouts are disabled across the board, including via the Bogus Gateway and Shopify Payments Test mode, so the workaround stated in this thread won't work.

You need to contact support and ask them to raise this limit, which will enable checkouts again and allow you to use either the Bogus Gateway or Shopify Payments Test mode.  Be warned, they only increase the limit by one, so if you create an order in the admin section of your store, the order limit will be reached and checkouts will be disabled again.

arsuceno
Excursionist
13 0 11

We also affected by this change in our app. We cannot tests orders in our development stores, no matter if using drafts with bogus payment or manual method or whatever. This just has stopped working as it usually did. It's quite important for us to be able to do it in order to test our integration app. Hope the change done by Shopify side can be rollbacked or any other solution can be provided for developers.

KevinJ1978
Tourist
5 0 12

@arsuceno if you read the post directly above yours, it explains what you need to do.  You can also create orders via the Admin API which I have found much easier.  However, you are limited to five orders a minute.

Bulxar
Explorer
73 2 16

I don't accpet solution with API.

GUI is more faster than creating private APP's for each future client for only placing order and testing. 

I hope Shopify will revert this change or if they want to decrease checkout throttling provide real test gateway

This will decrease developers amount of loving Shopify.

APIANT
Shopify Partner
26 1 36

I wanted to up everyone on this issue.

The key in @Olivia response is this:

Note: 

Going forward, test transactions cannot be completed using drafts, however, unlimited online store test transactions can still be made.

I was able to make this work by creating a new test store. Choosing the (test) bogus payment method and by completing the orders as a customer from the store (not as an admin).

This is definitely a workable solution.

I hope this helps everyone.

bt95
Tourist
6 0 22

This is frankly ridiculous. My company needs to create test orders often to help maintain an integration with shopify. We used to be able to just create orders in the admin. Not only cannot I not do that now, if I place orders via the store I will reach a limit and not be able to continue testing. Please reconsider this change; any developer that relied on this functionality now has to create orders via an API or create new stores in order to bypass this limit. I can see zero reason why this change needed to be made regarding developers that are not processing real orders and help to bring in revenue for Shopify by creating other applications with integrations.

Ed29
Shopify Partner
3 0 19

That decision doesn't make any sense, we are all stuck having to create new store. In the past, with a dev store, we had 50 orders for "free", then, we only would have to create orders from the admin to not trigger that limit, which made total sense. 

I suspect that everyone is saying (including me) that it is working with a new store now because that 50 orders limit is not reached yet. But problem will probably be the same after those 50 orders.

I really don't get how this new limit is helping anyone, not even Shopify. It is just causing real issues for developers...

arsuceno
Excursionist
13 0 11

To update my case in this topic: After talking with Shopify support they unlock checkouts in my dev store. So now I can create orders from the online store, as a normal customer, using bogus test gateway payment.

It was easier and I definitely preferred the draft orders from the admin panel approach, but at least this is a workaround we can live with.