Confused about the charges on my old vs new Basic Shopify plan?

Dawenn
Excursionist
25 0 4

I have questions about my Shopify plan, my plan is the old Basic annual one, which charges 312 dollars, now the new Basic charges 168 dollars. Will I still pay the 312 or just the 168? I'm very confused, look at the prints:

Opera Instantâneo_2024-03-15_100932_admin.shopify.com.png

Opera Instantâneo_2024-03-15_100833_admin.shopify.com.png

Daniel Wendell 鸞
Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2220 247 506

Hey, @Dawenn 

Happy to offer some insight and clarity here. Some of the pricing names have been adjusted. The current plan you are on is called 'Basic Shopify' which is the $39/mo plan. This is the old name and will soon be known simply as the 'Shopify' plan. There is now a $14/mo plan that will be called 'Basic Shopify' going forward. Which has less features including no online storefront.

If you are happy with your current features, no action is required. You will be paying the annual amount for the 'Shopify' plan which is the $312. The  $168 option would be if you downgraded to the newly named 'Basic Shopify' plan. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DM_12
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Dirk! I'm in the same situation: Signed up for Basic Shopify at $1 for the first month, continuing with $25 for the 2nd month onwards, but Settings > Billing is showing it as $39 for the 2nd month onwards. Which amount am I actually paying?

plan.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2455 226 523

Hi @DM_12,

Our $39 USD p/m plan is what you are set to pay if you are on our Basic plan, which is the cheapest plan that comes with an online store. This is the monthly cost if you pay month-to-month but it works out cheaper over the course of a year if you pay up front for the year. If you are unsure about what you are set to be charged or what plan you are on, please contact our support team

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog