Considering a switch to Klaviyo from Mailchimp: Any thoughts?

Considering a switch to Klaviyo from Mailchimp: Any thoughts?

Dave24
5 0 0

Hi.  I have been using Mailchimp and am considering a change to Klaviyo.  Anyone using Klaviyo successfully, unsuccessfully,  comments, pros, cons, etc.   Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

theycallmemakka
Shopify Partner
1551 353 379

Hi @Dave24 ,

If you're considering a switch from Mailchimp to Klaviyo, here's a brief overview based on my experiance:

Pros of Klaviyo:

1. Granular Customization: Klaviyo offers more in-depth tools for customization, segmentation, automations, and analytics compared to Mailchimp.
  2. Guidance and Recommendations: Klaviyo provides more guidance to users, including personalized recommendations based on your goals.
  3. Comprehensive Automation: Klaviyo has more comprehensive automation options, especially in terms of pre-built flows and templates.
  4. Focus on eCommerce: Klaviyo is particularly suited for eCommerce brands, with features like automated alerts for online shoppers and industry-specific benchmarks.
  5. Robust Free Plan: Klaviyo's free plan is more robust than Mailchimp's, offering flows, automations, and scheduled email campaigns for free.

Cons of Klaviyo:

1. Learning Curve: Klaviyo might have a steeper learning curve compared to Mailchimp, especially if you're used to the simplicity of Mailchimp.
  2. Less Affordable Paid Tiers: If you're looking for more affordable paid tiers and want to scale up gradually, Mailchimp might be a better option.

Considerations:

• Audience and Goals: Consider your audience size, goals, and the level of customization you require.
  • Budget: Evaluate your budget for email marketing tools and choose the one that aligns with your financial resources.
  • Ease of Use: Assess how comfortable you are with a potentially steeper learning curve if you opt for Klaviyo.

Buy me a Coffee

Enjoy Shopify for $1. Sign up now

For quick response - Message Me

Ping me at: theycallmemakka@gmail.com