Solved

Contact Us Form Not Sending Email

monde
Shopify Partner
28 0 11

Hello!

I have set Contact Us page with the page.contact template. I have a form that seems to function, at least to the user as you can fill it in and hit the Submit button (you get a 'successfully submitted' message on the screen).

However the email does not sent, I have tried several times. Also deleting and creating the page again.

All my settings seem to be correct, the Customer email properly set too.

Please someone help me! Thank you 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone,

Are your stores currently on a paid shopify plan? I've worked on a few stores that the 'subscribe' and 'contact-us' page came up with the same 404 error currently on hellowcircus.com.

The problem solved itself once the store was out of development mode and onto a paid shopify plan.

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com

View solution in original post

Replies 186 (186)
Diana_Rammell
4 0 0
raspberrycreekfabrics.com

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

yes, diana, edit the DNS TXT record, you are missing the a mx. This means that SHopify then has permission to send as @raspberrycreekfabrics.com

Login to your DOMAIN NAME

add the DNS TXT record

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com ~all

smash that like button if these helped everyone.

🙂

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com
brando2
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Dan, 

Having the same issue. https://www.flowzastream.com/

Everything works with the contact form. Everything is setup properly on Zoho. I have another store setup the same way and it is working just fine, but for this store I cannot receive customer messages from the contact form.

My theme is a free one on the store I am having trouble with but that should not be an issue right?

Sofia-DoorBowCO
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dan - I am also having the same issue.  Even though Shopify hosts my domain.  Web address is www.doorbowco.com and email is info@doorbowco.com - any chance you can help please? thanks!

jyaffa
Visitor
2 0 1

I also have this problem. I am not receiving emails from customers via my contact me page.  A customer tracked me down on instagram to let me know.  And now when I try to send an email through the form it doesn't work.  What can I do?  www.jyaffa.com

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Hi Jyaffa,

This has been covered previously here already.

google is your email service provider, so they are super fussy about ppl using their domains as spam.

Login to your DOMAIN NAME
add the DNS

TXT record

which should have been done when you setup google as per

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716802?hl=en

smash the likes or reach out if you have any Shopofy needs

🙂

jyaffa
Visitor
2 0 1

Does that take time to go into effect?  Because it doesn't seem to be working.

kessistef
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you help me? Klaviyo mails landing into spam and i don't receive any mails from my contact form what can i do? 😕

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Read the whole discussion and implement all the changes as directed here. Its mostly non-shopify related, your domain changes ( DNS ).

After that, leave me your URL to have a look or PM me.

n_bcn
Excursionist
18 1 1

Hello, 

I have read through the posts and followed the above steps but it does not seem to have made a difference. Could anyone help?

My store is here.

Thank you

SimonTronik
Tourist
3 0 1

Same issue, DNS settings were changed yesterday as per previous post's recommendations, but issues still occuring.

Email is definitely the issue though as replacing the store's usual email with my own personal one makes it work flawlessly.

The store is at bijouled.co.uk

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

No Simon, you haven't

currently you have

TXT Records

• ~all v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

and from the prev posts here you should have for google email servers

TXT record

update that and w8 for it to get around the world

for every1, a quick way to check you domain settings is

http://auditdns.net/?domain=bijouled.co.uk

and you can see the TXT record setup  ( obviously change the URL you want to see )

🙂

SimonTronik
Tourist
3 0 1
Sorry, i did have it set as the google one, but was still having issues.
Having spoken to Shopify support, they recommended this TXT value, and also
noted that the email was being suppressed by their servers due to previous
bounce-backs. I've just now tested the contact form again, and i'm happy to
say it's working again.

For anyone who the google TXT record isn't working for, this Shopify one
may be worth a try.
Name: @
TXT Value: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

Your results may vary, but it's worked for me.
Thanks GCWebTeam for pointing me in the right direction though, your help
is much appreciated.
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

" also noted that the email was being suppressed by their servers due to previous
bounce-backs"

- Ha, thats good to know, even after every1 fixes it they need to contact shopify @ support to get back on Santas Nice list

🙂

tapigotapioca
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Dan, 

I am having a similar issue on my website. I cannot even receive shopping notification emails! Shopify support wasnt able to help... Can you help?

www.tapigotapioca.com

Kōena
Tourist
5 0 5

Update #2: 
Problem resolved.
The error was caused by Shopify. Support fixed it. 
The info__at__koenabeauty.com email address was on their suppression list - probably due to an issue in the past that created irregular results. 
Happy, that everything works now, but still irritated, that there is no pro-active information about this.  

Update #1: 
Just figured out that Sender E-Mail: lina__at__koenabeauty.com  works while info__at__ koenabeauty.com does NOT work...
Could that be an issue with Microsoft Exchange? Lina is the primary account address, but info is entered as alternative e-mail address and I can send / received e-mails via Outlook from both aliases. 

@tapigotapioca : looks like you also use Microsoft Exchange for your e-mail address. Have you been able to fix the issue? My web forms have worked in the past 100% (I've tested them)... now, I find out by accident that they do not work anymore. 

@GCWebTeam : do you have any other suggestions? I've added all kinds of "include: google / shopify / ..." and "mx a" records, but contact forms will still not work. No errors, but no e-mails either. 

This is the domain with one of the non-working contact forms: 

https://koenabeauty.com/pages/book-me

It is SO frustrating and I wonder what I have missed that caused this issue. Not sure for how many days, weeks, months people cannot reach me via these forms. Horrible! 

tapigotapioca
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Koena, I am glad support was able to fix that for you. I did not have the same luck as they blamed outlook for error. I removed the contact forms from the website. I hope they could help me as they did for you.  

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Seems like people are having trouble with emails. Why not create a contact form which directly goes to you email. The contact form will have product title and SKU. Some website charge for this.  You don't have to install an up or sign up for subscription. It is FREE. Just check this link

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Frankcw
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I don't get a message when someone sends a message via the form. Paid store set up for years.

www.jewelryholdersforyou.com

Hopefully Dan is still around

jwu703
Visitor
1 0 0

My email on contact us page has randomly stopped working. No changes to code. Anyone know whats going on?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

That is the main reason why I did not want to directly use my google email with shopify. Don't want to mess up with Google.  I use EmailJS. They have a free 200 emails per month. If you go over 200, then you have to pay subscription. If you need help in setting up your emailJS, here's the link. There is also another way to create a contact form. Check this video

Note: I don't work, nor earn anything from EmailJS

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
meeeeeee
Visitor
3 0 0

You are correct. This does work! I switched emails and contact form started working 

ebonyshop
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks this was the issue for me.  DNS was fine, they took a look and found the suppression, took them a couple of looks, but that was the solution.  They removed it and a second later the form was working.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Yes, once you fix the DNS problems, you need to contact Shopify to get them to remove you from the "supression list". Stores get on the "supression list" if their DNS is setup wrongly, and sent emails from shopify ( contact form ) keep bouncing back ( because poor DNS settings ), so Shopify adds the store to the list and stops sending altogether. But they dont notify the store !!

Then you sometimes need to be very lucky to find a Shopify support chat operator who even knows what a "supression list" is, let alone try to remove you from it. Try 2-3 times if you have to, be patient.

🙂

TimMapa
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Dan @GCWebTeam , You are the MAN!! 

Thanks heaps for guiding us through to success on this! finally, it worked for us! you are an Absolute Legend! 😇

To those who keep scrolling, here is your man! look no further if you need help with Shopify.

Wish you all the very best everyone!

Cheers from the other end of the world... 🌏

Tim

Copz
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello Dan,

Can you help me? our shopify store is lostinparadisestore.com and we had this problem from 2021, but no one noticed it. Been going back and forth checking DNS and google workspace setting...all set and go, but the form keep not sending any email to our inbox.

Regards,

Copz

*UPDATE : already solved...I ask the Shopify support to check the Supression List..and its working!!! thx u Dan!!!

Beeser
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

This is just a possible solution for people with google workspace.

Google workspace support said to use this email address as a work around assuming you have done most of the things in  google admin toolbox...

So put this email address info@_______.com.test-google-a.com instead of the normal workspace email address in to the shopify admin.

The contact form worked for me then straight away..

Danielle1124
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Friend - I tried both TXT records, neither are working. My domain was purchased through shopify, but my email is hosted on GSuite. So confused! www.styledaf.com

aziz123
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Dna,

I am having the same issue, i tried to upload v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all as TXT in DNS settings. I am still not getting emails from the contact form.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Hi all,

Most of the time its not Shopify settings, its the way your domain is setup and the email provider you are using. eg if you use Godaddy for the domain ( the ppl you bought the domain from ) and use google ( gmail ) for the email then all the DNS settings need to be correct so the contact from ( shopify ) has permissions to SEND emails using your domain name ( from the contact form ), and not being marked as SPAM and being deleted / ignored. 

Using third party forms/apps send the form and details to them first ( and if you use an app also sends all your customer data, store data to them too ) will work too. But the webpage form load time is increased since the from has to load from third parties - conclusion - risky and not private and slow. Free? haha, they sell your data gathered about your store. Do you really want unknown third parties reading all your messages? You might not mind, but your customers might.

If you find that the contact form was working for years, now suddently stopped working, 100% your email provider ( eg gmail ) has added more spam filters and because you never setup the DNS properly, contact form messages being sent are marked as spam ( deleted ) or Shopify is not authorised to send email as your domain.

100% google and Shopify work together, thats just FUD that "i'm afraid that it will break my gmail"  lol

Finally, in some cases, even when you have setup your email to work with Shopify, your email provider ( gmail, zoho etc ) may have seen Shopify trying to send forms for a while and BLOCKED SHOPIFY. Once you have setup correctly, you need to contact the email provider to UNBLOCK Shopify from sending, or whitelist Shopify servers.

Lastly, in very few cases, after all this is setup well, please check the messages aren't going to your SPAM folder in your office365, macmail or whatever. LOL, thats the easiest problem to fix !!!

This thread will fix 80% of dramas,

===============

>>>>>   TLDR  <<<<<

===============

PM me or hit me up at the webpage in my signature and I'll have a look. But I am not shopify support and need to pay bills too ( so dont ask for free ). Happy to help with all things Shopify with your store too.

🙂

Jaxet
Visitor
1 0 0

Having the same issue.  https://jaxet.com/pages/contact  

The form sends email to some other domain, but not to @Jaxet.com 

The CNAME etc are set correct on the domain side.

meeeeeee
Visitor
3 0 0

I was able to get it fixed by contacting Shopify and having them fix it. I reference this post to them and the fact that when email is switched it does in fact work. They were able to unblock the email from their end. Took the rep some time to do it, but they can fix it. Nothing wrong with your setup. Its Shopify.

jenahsullivan
Tourist
3 0 1

im purchasing my domain off shopify i have tried everything and nothing is working 😞 and i cant find out to contact shopify personally 

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Hi Litfromwithin,

Hit me up thru my website so I can message you directly. You seem to have a unique setup that displaying publically here wouldn't benefit anyone.

Thanks, happy to help everyone, just msg me.

Dan 🙂

quillab
Visitor
3 0 0

I am able to resolve this by whitelisting Shopify's ip address on my DNS provider's ip filter.

PMW_Mouli
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dan,

I've made the same DNS Change but still my contact forms are not sending the emails to me. 

Please help.

Thanks,

Mouli

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Hi Mouli, my crystal ball is still foggy, can you please telkl me the store URL?

Basically once you have made the DNS change and waiting for the update to get around the world, you still need to contact shopify support ( in a chat is best ) and tell them you have made the correct changes and to check if you are on the "supression list", and then test the contact form.

Making the DNS change alone will not fix. Once you are on the "supression list" shopify no longer sends any emails from the form until you are removed from the list.

😮

PMW_Mouli
Visitor
2 0 0
www.precisionmodelworks.co.in

apologies, i thought i had mentioned the website
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Mouli,

Add this record as a txt record to your domain

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

then proceed as above thru shopify chat in 48hrs

SMASH ALL THE LIKES ON MY POSTS

🙂

ndaniel20
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi. My contact form is not working on my website. Could you help me please? Thanks!

https://7c5b12-8.myshopify.com/

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

connect a domain to the store first.

asbane
Visitor
1 0 0

hello pls check why my contact form to sending mail in my wokiee theme www.click2shop.shop 

nemesis_vii
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am on a paid account, and The contact form was working fine, but for the past few weeks, it has stopped working.

Any idea of how to solve the issue?

www.zajingo.com

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Make sure you have read thru the above solutions too,

Also goto your store as admin then,

settings >>> general  and see below under the SENDER email address you have set, click on >>>  MANAGE <<<  and follow the instructions

manage.png

This is not shopify support, so dont forget to smash the like button if this helped you!

Anything requiring a private response please reach out to the address in my signature.

🙂

SweetHazelandCo
Visitor
1 0 1

Dan!! You’re THE man. Seriously. I have been KILLING myself the last six days and “chatting” with Shopify Support with ZERO results and I read this thread and YOU saved the day! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

I'm super happy that this helps every1, smash the likes and/or HIRE ME for other work at the website in my signature.

🙂

laxmom
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey there.. so we are using outlook and the IT company is using barracuda.  the TXT record was 

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com -all

and by your posts I have read through it should be 

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com ~all

Is that correct??

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Laxmom, whats your webpage url ? So outlook is the email host or barracuda?

You'll need to include shoppy in there too if you want the contact form to work.

🙂

laxmom
Tourist
10 0 2

So when I tried this - 

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com ~all

It worked - without shopify included... 

But now all of a sudden Im getting a captcha box... the worst one.. hwere you have to pick a mountain... or a crosswalk.. I hate that one.   Anyway, I removed the mx and now Im not getting the email....   so right now its 

v=spf1 a include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com ~all

Still NO Shopify in there - but when I had the mx included - and no shopify the email was delivered?

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Without knowing your store URL, I cannot definitively tell you. But from your trial and error I'd be using

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

then also in your shoppy dashboard

online store >> preferences >> scroll down >> turn OFF captcha

captcha.jpg

Then even with Captcha OFF, if you keep using the same IP / browser combo, shopify will still insert a captcha ( anti spammers ). So the captcha is irrelevant to your SPF settings, thats an shoppy anti spam thing. Use diff IPs ( VPN ) + browser each time. Usually the FIRST visit to a webpage is ok ( no captcha ) then 2nd maybe, 3rd, for sure anti spam kicks in.

Use the above SPF, and smash the likes, I am not shoppy support, and you aren't paying me, so give me something ( like all my posts )

🙂