FROM CACHE - en_header
Return management just got easier! We’ve launched Customer Self-Serve Returns to all Shopify merchants. Click here to learn more!

Contact Us Form Not Sending Email

Solved
monde
Excursionist
24 0 8

Hello!

I have set Contact Us page with the page.contact template. I have a form that seems to function, at least to the user as you can fill it in and hit the Submit button (you get a 'successfully submitted' message on the screen).

However the email does not sent, I have tried several times. Also deleting and creating the page again.

All my settings seem to be correct, the Customer email properly set too.

Please someone help me! Thank you 🙂

Replies 111 (111)
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

Laxmom, whats your webpage url ? So outlook is the email host or barracuda?

You'll need to include shoppy in there too if you want the contact form to work.

🙂

Dan the web man from GCWebTeam .com | Shopify Partner | If this was helpful then please Like and let me know! If this answered your question click Accept as Solution. Want to modify or make custom changes on your store? Available for hire! Website: danthewebman.GCWebteam.com
laxmom
Tourist
10 0 2

So when I tried this - 

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com ~all

It worked - without shopify included... 

But now all of a sudden Im getting a captcha box... the worst one.. hwere you have to pick a mountain... or a crosswalk.. I hate that one.   Anyway, I removed the mx and now Im not getting the email....   so right now its 

v=spf1 a include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com ~all

Still NO Shopify in there - but when I had the mx included - and no shopify the email was delivered?

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

Without knowing your store URL, I cannot definitively tell you. But from your trial and error I'd be using

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.ess.barracudanetworks.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

then also in your shoppy dashboard

online store >> preferences >> scroll down >> turn OFF captcha

captcha.jpg

Then even with Captcha OFF, if you keep using the same IP / browser combo, shopify will still insert a captcha ( anti spammers ). So the captcha is irrelevant to your SPF settings, thats an shoppy anti spam thing. Use diff IPs ( VPN ) + browser each time. Usually the FIRST visit to a webpage is ok ( no captcha ) then 2nd maybe, 3rd, for sure anti spam kicks in.

Use the above SPF, and smash the likes, I am not shoppy support, and you aren't paying me, so give me something ( like all my posts )

🙂

Dan the web man from GCWebTeam .com | Shopify Partner | If this was helpful then please Like and let me know! If this answered your question click Accept as Solution. Want to modify or make custom changes on your store? Available for hire! Website: danthewebman.GCWebteam.com
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

yes, do as above post and smash the likes. If you need help with fixing the current theme or other customizations, gimme a yell ( not free ) eg the 'powered by Shopify' in the footer, most ecom sites change that. 

laxmom
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey Dan, thanks for your help. I cant explain it but the contact form is delivering without adding shopify in the spf record..  Im good on the footer.. Im rebuilding the site.. I just wanted to understand the spf record in dns.   Will definitely be smashing the likes!  

SITB
Excursionist
13 0 4

Hey Dan,

Having the same issue. 
here are the DNS overview of everyday-australia.com and the issue of no emails going thru from Shopify website to the inbox of info@everyday-australia.com. 

can you advise where the issue is ?

2FAFF564-7C8A-4255-BC41-61DC1BF892E0.png

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

Thanks SITB, I have contacted you directly in your case

SITB
Excursionist
13 0 4

thanks @GCWebTeam please send to somethingintheblack@gmail.com or reply thru Shopify.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

Some people are finding that their domain host ( the company they bought the domain thru ) does not support adding a TXT record to their domain 'unless they upgrade their service to web-hosting' 🤦🏼. In this case ask for the transfer authorization, or EPP code for your domain and go with a better domain registrar!

Just google one that accepts TXT records. Only re-sellers of re-sellers and tiny registrar companies do this. You are likely paying too much for the URL anyway if you are with one of these.💰

Haven't seen a contact form that I can't get working with shopifys standard contact form page👍. No need to load third party apps or use Gmail redirects or the like. Some themes have rubbishly coded backends, even they can work. Some websites have more problems than others.

This thread will cover 90% of problems and solve them. Shopify store themes are not a problem. ️ Still stuck ? ️ Msg me

zayy
2 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue and I've tried all the suggestions you posted but it still isn't working. My URL is https://www.twentieschi.com/ . Please help

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

Sure, in your case, delete all the red v=spf1, yes all of them. Then add one record that is

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

FB might be smart enough to auto tag faces and friends in pictures, but DNS still can only can read ONE v=spf1 record to follow, not 4  🙂

one.jpg

Make the change and PM me back in a few hours   🙂

zayy
2 0 0

unfortunately I'm unable to delete TXT records. There's no option to edit or delete the TXT records and I'm unsure what to do now 

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

PM or eml me, there is no use publically displaying all the messages back n forth in your individual extreme case that no-one but your website will find useful.   🙂

gracenicoll
2 0 0

@GCWebTeam Hi, I'm having trouble managing my DNS in Google. I click manage domains but don't have the option for DNS settings. I read through all of your replies and can't seem to access what I need to in order to get my contact form to work. My domain is hrkcustoms.com

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.37.24 AM.png

gracenicoll
2 0 0

Actually, I found all the info in Shopify and followed your instructions but it's still not working. Messaged you!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

This forum would cover 90% ish of problems, but a million things can go wrong. I have replied for your individual case, displaying here wouldn't help anybody.

JennaPaige_7
1 0 0

Hi Dan ! I have been reading through this forum - I am having this same issue my contact form not sending me emails. Can you

www.jennapaige.net.co

desperate to get it fixed

Kindest

TRCS
1 0 0

I am on a paid plan and my contact form is not working and has not been (from customer feedback).  What can I do to solve this?  www.therightcarstuff.com.  Thank you!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
120 12 66

msg me Jenna, your website is not a normal setup and would not benefit the community posting publically.  🙂

LeonAndrew
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. I've had a paid account for a while now, but I can't remember if I've actually tested the contact form until a customer told me they'd sent a message without a response. 

If anyone could help, I'd much appreciate it!

URL to contact page: https://tuft-stuff.com/pages/contact?contact_posted=true#ContactForm