Creating a forum within Shopify

Benedict_Tan
2 0 0

Hi there,

Is there a way to build a forum within a store? For example, to facilitate the buy and sell of pre-loved items among my customers.

Also open to suggestions, if forums are not the best way to do it.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 298

Hey Benedict,

Aria here from the Social Care team at Shopify. :)

We do have a few apps that can create a forum on your store: 

Another option for selling second-hand products would be a marketplace app: 

If none of these are suitable for you, you also have the option of hiring a Shopify Expert. You could post your requirements on the website and let people bid on it. 

I hope some of this is helpful. I wish you all the best with your store!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sandeep4
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi Benedict,

In addition to the great options that Aria gave, you can also try Website Toolbox. You can easily embed the forum into shopify, enable single sign on, customize the forum URL to match your domain name, get full SEO benefits, etc.

There's no Shopify app for Website Toolbox yet, but hopefully soon! :)

0 Likes
JamesAB
Excursionist
15 0 8

Sure thing, check out Answerbase's community Q&A forum app.   Answerbase has been providing community Q&A forums to huge brands since 2007...and has recently launched their Shopify integration to give the same capabilities to Shopify merchants.

Their way of managing customer community helps you build out product-related content that gives results like this for growing Google search traffic:

google-result.png

The value of that product Q&A content has an average lifetime value that is up to 2x higher than normal Google traffic, so a great way to both engage your customers in a useful community for your store.   There is a case study on the Answerbase site where one merchant quadrupled their search traffic through that kind of activity.

They have an easy install through the Shopify app store of the product question and answer capabilities...and plenty of configuration/customization options within their main administration interface once you signup.

ChrisNguyen
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi ,

I am sure you figured out the solution.

There were a lot of changes on Shopify platform including more solutions to your question.
Currently, the best forum apps on Shopify are: 

Your customers can login to your Shopify store then they will be auto-identified to access the forum.

In addition, an independent platform like Forumial - Cloud Forum is also a good option.
You can completely integrate it into Shopify using SSO. Your users can log in to the forum using their accounts on your Shopify store.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes