Customer Uploading Files on Checkout?

OlegM
4 0 0
Replies 22 (22)
Manny
Shopify Expert
25 0 3

Hi Oleg, this is possible. What are you looking to have uploaded by the customer at checkout?  Here's a link to Shopify's latest help page on the topic: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/get-customization-information-for-products

We recently did a site where the customer can upload an image for a custom greeting card using this method. Here is the site: https://bitmocards.com/

If you need some help, give us a shout at info@apollomerchants.com

apollomerchants.com
OlegM
4 0 0

Thanks Bobby,

I think I did not clarify enough. I need uploading of a file on checkout that will be related to particular order after submit.

But again thanks for your answer. Now I'm trying to manage this through JotForms.

Philip_Jepson
Tourist
7 0 12

I've worked out how to do this for free!
Go to your product.liquid file and search for:

type="submit"

This is the 'add to cart' part of your page.
You want to add the following code to a few lines above this

<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--logo">            
   <label for="custom_photo">Logo?</label>
   <input id="custom_photo" type="file" name="properties[Logo]" class="product-form__input">           
</div>

If you want this to be required then add the word required on the input tag

<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--logo">            
   <label for="custom_photo">Logo?</label>
   <input required id="custom_photo" type="file" name="properties[Logo]" class="product-form__input">           
</div>

DEMO

Note: File uploads may not work if your cart is a slide-out or popup (AJAX) cart. If you test and the file upload doesn't work, try switching to the "redirect to cart page" option in your Customize Theme > Cart settings.

OlegM
4 0 0

Thanks a lot Philip!

Stevan_Wilcox
1 0 0

Where did you access the upload?

OlegM
4 0 0

Hey Stevan, it was long time ago so I cant say you how that was implemented. Please see Philip's answer above or ask him directly. Thanks!

CoolhardhatsNZ
2 0 0

Hi, Thanks for this code!  It worked!!  The next question, is where does that file upload to?  Is there a way of testing it, please.

Thanks.

CoolHardHatsNZ

jonamar
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey There,

Did you end up finding out where it uploads to?
I did the same on my shop but can't find the file anywhere.

greetings,

Jonathan

CoolhardhatsNZ
2 0 0
Hi,
Nope. I looked in files, but it's not there.
Thanks.
J.
ilja
Explorer
81 2 13
MadGeniusBlink
Shopify Partner
22 0 3

Hi @Philip_Jepson 

Do you happen to know how I can get access to this feature using Shopify Buy SDK API?

I have built a website using Gatsby and Shopify and I would like to add a field for the user to upload a file along with their purchase.

Is there any possible way to achieve this? Is there another API Shopify might have to access this type of upload field?

Thanks.

Cris

laceyll
2 0 1

Hey There where do the files go?   Or where can I find them 🙂  

MadGeniusBlink
Shopify Partner
22 0 3

@laceyll wrote:

Hey There where do the files go?   Or where can I find them 🙂  

The files go to your Shopify dashboard under orders. but you wouldn't see an actual file unless you store it in a database

ilja
Explorer
81 2 13

Hey @MadGeniusBlink, can I bluk download all pictures without an app?

JoyStreet
Tourist
7 0 3
I can see a file path when customer uploads file. But do to access that uploaded file?
MixMatched1
1 0 0

HI I did what you said but when the order comes through I dont see the image in my orders area. Where do i see the image my customer uploaded 

Dereshp
1 0 0

Hi, did you find resolution to this scenario - I am having the same issue - please advise

EddyChung
Shopify Partner
63 1 25

There are several apps that make customer file uploads easy: 

• Form Builder with File Upload
  • Upload‑Lift
  • Uploadery
  • Upload Fields by UploadKit

Both Form Builder and Upload-Lift have free plans. All of them have trials so you can make sure it's a good fit for your store before spending $.

You can check out my full comparison and review of these apps here.

Thehatshackk
1 0 0

I did this process and it allows my customers to upload a file but when clicking in their order i do not see a picture or file? Anyway i can find it ?