Customers all saying their address is invalid

bigdog27
Visitor
1 0 3

All my customers are complaining they cannot place orders because Shopify is saying their address is invalid. I am using the Buy Button and as soon as they submit their order it denies the sale.

I have validated them using USPS and they are valid addresses. There is NO problem with the address. None. They have tried Credit card, PayPal and Apple Pay. None of them work. They cannot buy my products.

This sucks and I am not making any money. I am getting lots of abandoned carts though.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Replies 37 (37)

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

Hey, @bigdog27!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify. I'd like to look into this with you to help you start seeing sales come through! When did you first start receiving reports of this happening?

Most often, when customers are having trouble checking out based on their address it is related to a store's shipping zones not matching up with what they've entered. Have you been able to check whether the abandoned carts have addresses based in countries that you have created shipping rules for?

If this isn't what's causing the issues, it could potentially be related to an app or payment gateway. Did your customers happen to share any screenshots of the error message that they're seeing? Were you able to replicate it on your end as well?

Please let me know if the addresses don't appear to be in conflict with your shipping settings, so that I can start the process for taking a look at your account in more detail!

Thank you,
Lizzy

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Kailaiasbea
Visitor
1 0 2

9FDC5676-3185-4E58-9C0A-7130715BEB37.png

HI @Lizzy i was wondering if maybe you can give me insight on my issue as well, 

i have my upcoming launch and i have been trying to get everything prepared however I tried placing an order on my store and it has denied me multiple times and no one seems to understand me why, once i go to check out and i hit paypal to check out it keeps showing this error message. 

please give me insight

loveaddiana
Tourist
4 0 3

Lizzy,

I am having this issue as well. My customer has purchased from me previously and is using the same billing/shipping address. She is receiving the error message in the attached photo.IMG_3015.png

bayeshainc
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi!

I'm having this same issue. The customers are getting their address is invalid or cannot validate and not letting them proceed with their order. I have three stores and this is happening in all of them.

shansalam
Shopify Partner
54 4 11

I also had the same issue when I enabled local delivery. In this case, It works properly only when the content in address field is correctly recognised by shopify.

So if this your case, the alternate method would be to either disable local delivery or keep the manual shipping method also active as before. Hope this helps.

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
caramae
Tourist
4 0 1

I am having the same issue.

One of my most loyal customers thought that we were no longer shipping to Nevada. We had to complete an order by phone but I would like her to be able to order online again.

I am also concerned if other customers have this error message and leave their carts.

It is not my shipping zones settings because the whole United States is one zone. 

Thank you for any help.

Printiful
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hi Lizzy. 

our customers are having the same issue. Please see attached. 

Augustine

www.printiful.co

FA09B4A8-7195-48CD-A3D5-89B63AC801FF.jpeg

9A8AEE5B-1ADF-461C-9D8B-17D136B54200.jpeg

  

MaryLuGidi
Visitor
3 0 0

Im having the same problem. Could you help me?

Devicemodder
Visitor
2 0 0
  • Dont derail other people's threads, it's not a nice thing to do. If you have issues, CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD.
MaryLuGidi
Visitor
3 0 0

4997D2D8-5405-4099-90AA-2A84B2DF328B.jpeg

Krish20
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Lizzy I am continuously facing this challenge, how can this be corrected 

Devicemodder
Visitor
2 0 0

Dont derail other people's threads, it's not a nice thing to do. If you have issues, CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD.

Noreen
Tourist
3 0 3

Having the same issue - can someone fix this please it is a major issue

We are based in Ireland and our customers are in Ireland too - NOT good

Liferetreat123
Tourist
6 0 2

I am having this issue as well. My customer has purchased from me previously and is using the same billing/shipping address

ARgearstore
Tourist
5 0 2

Same here. Trying to find a resolution to this.

adelerae
Visitor
1 0 0

This month a couple of long time customer had issues with the delivery address, the system keep saying the address is invalid, we only offer local delivery, and the address they were delivering was not more than 10 km from us and keep saying invalid. I had to take the order by phone.

mwb611
Visitor
1 0 0

We had this issue as well, and I think it ended up being because we had products "available" at multiple locations (even if they didn't hold inventory) that we hadn't set up shipping profiles for.

So we removed the location from all of the products tied to it/made the location (under Settings > Locations) inactive/unable to sell from.

When you make a location inactive, it does ask you where you want to transfer any inventory - I wish I had known this before manually un-clicking the inventory for every product, FYI!

SORTravis
Visitor
1 0 6

Any fixes yet? Two years later and it is still an issue

animalcitizen
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi guys im facing the same issue with my customers is there any solution yet ?

BeeCocoCandle
Visitor
2 0 0

I too am facing this issue shipping to CA. The entire USA is my zone. I had the customer enter my address for shipping and it went through. Not good heading into the busiest season of the year.

Dwhitby1564
Visitor
1 0 2

This started for me two weeks ago as well and it is not a zone problem.  Has anyone been able to fix????

Jfox1
Tourist
3 0 1

Same and no response from them!

BeeCocoCandle
Visitor
2 0 0

I fixed it by removing canada from my shipping options. NOT ideal. but it fixed it until we hear something from Shopify

Jfox1
Tourist
3 0 1
Unfortunately that's not my issue but thanks for the suggestion! 

Jfox1
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same issue! Any help or suggestions would be great.

ama79
Visitor
1 0 1

I was also having issues with this. But online support helped me and I found out it was an issue with my products, not the customer's address. Some older products were only available from a previous shipping address and were not updated when I added the new shipping address.

ScentsandSudz
Visitor
1 0 0

Okay so how did you fix the issue with your products, please share.

GeekyLady2
Visitor
2 0 0

What worked for me, was going to the product page and clicking on manage in the Publishing section and removing unselected zones.

GeekyLady2
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks your guidance helped me figure out the issue and the next steps to fix the issue, which for me, was going to the product and clicking on Manage Publishing and removing unselected zones.

asdas
Visitor
1 0 1

anyone got an answer on this because am having the same issue

Biwi
Visitor
2 0 2

Same issue, I even input the client's adress and name as a visitor on my website and it was working fine. It's really annoying I'm loosing money with this issue and I don't understand where it comes from. AI have other customers in this country that had no issues, but I don't know how many customers had this issue and never bothered to contact me... please fix this ASAP, this is critical ! thanks

tarastikine
Visitor
1 0 2

Same issues over here in 2023! We have some angry customers. Any fixes, Shopify?

rrmilner3
Visitor
1 0 0

I found that on a couple items, I had the weight listed as .5lbs.  I changed to 1lb and that seemed to fix it.

Maria_Flores1
Visitor
3 0 0

Just had this issue this morning with an order. Here are my two guesses at the culprit....Recently Shopify mysteriously added a second (shipping from) location to several of my products. The order issue today included a product that I missed when fixing products with two locations.  (BTW I had to select each product variant to "edit locations" and save successfully as bulk edit would not save no matter how much I tried--a painfully slow fix!! ) A second possible culprit is Shopify also recently added international markets to all my listings without my permission...so I suggest double checking that those two things are correct for you: Settings>Markets>

and for locations: Products>select product>select all product variants>bulk edit>columns>quantities by location>   or if you find this bulk edit doesn't save like me, go back and select each product variant>edit locations>

Emileej95
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello!

I am having the same problem with one of my customers. I looked at her address and it is valid. Any ideas why it would not be working?

buenathompson
Visitor
1 0 0

I was having the same issue with items from printify and customcat. I had to go to Settings. Then shipping and delivery. Scrolled down and found a section saying "not covered by your shipping zones." then had to add a shipping profile to each one and click save. Then these moved out of this section and my checkout for these items worked then. Hope this helps someone.

Jacqui
Community Moderator
185 25 337

Hello all, 

Thank you for all your questions and comments on this topic. 

I will be locking this topic now as it is quite old and will likely not receive responses moving forward. Please post your questions as new topics instead to get help from other community members. 

Jacqui | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution 
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog