Solved

Customers getting error message

dchiabai
Visitor
1 0 0

In the past few weeks I've had most of my customers tell me that my check out is not working on first try. Some get it working by refreshing. Some give up and pay me cash on delivery (which I don't want and why I have a Shopify storefront). The error message is below. I haven't changed anything and it's just started occuring. My GoDaddy domain is connected to my account properly and I am not using multiple devices. This time of year my store is very low traffic so it's not a volume issue. Help!

error.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @dchiabai! Sorry to hear this is causing you some difficulties, and frustration for your customers. 

That error message tends to occur when Shopify has detected unusual activity coming from an IP address, and has temporarily blocked incoming traffic from it in order to protect the stability of your website and the Shopify platform. 

The good news is, we can investigate the reason behind this temporary block and recommend actions to lessen the chance of it appearing in the future. In order to do so, we’ll need to authenticate your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2226 203 593

Whoa I haven't seen that before, that's quite an abrasion during the checkout process.

I would consider this an urgent issue, and contact Shopify support directly because I don't believe there's anything you can do as a store owner in this case.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @dchiabai! Sorry to hear this is causing you some difficulties, and frustration for your customers. 

That error message tends to occur when Shopify has detected unusual activity coming from an IP address, and has temporarily blocked incoming traffic from it in order to protect the stability of your website and the Shopify platform. 

The good news is, we can investigate the reason behind this temporary block and recommend actions to lessen the chance of it appearing in the future. In order to do so, we’ll need to authenticate your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.