Delect account

Solved
Jea
Excursionist
53 0 10

Hi All, I tried to delete one of my account and it won't let me as I came at the end of my free trial. Is there a better way to do this?

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
258 82 47

Hi @Jea

June here from Shopify. I'm happy to help!

Can you tell me more about the issues you're running into when you try to close your account? And are you following these steps to do so?

• Visit Settings > Plan.
  • Select Close store.
  • Enter your password to confirm you would like to close your store.

When you try to login to that store, what exactly do you see?

Bear in mind that if there was no method of payment attached to the store, and your trial period has ended, the account will "freeze", which is essentially the same as being closed. If this is the case, you will not need to take any further action to close the account yourself.

That said, let me know what you're seeing and I can help point you in right direction.

Have a wonderful weekend!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jea
Excursionist
53 0 10

21-15-67059-77003

When I try to close the store I've got this message.

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
258 82 47

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jea,

Thanks so much for your screenshot! You will notice I've edited it to obscure your payment details. 

This error leads me to believe that there is an outstanding payment on your account, which will prevent you from being able to close it just yet. 

Can you please visit Settings > Billing > Current billing cycle and/or Recent bills to see if there is a failed payment indicated? If so, you can click on that invoice, where you should see not only details about the charges, but also the option to select Pay bill

Please let me know if you run into any challenges or if you are seeing something else entirely on your end. 

0 Likes
Jea
Excursionist
53 0 10

Hello,

I have respected the shopify trial period of 14 days so I could try the store. I tried to close the store one day before the end of trial and it did not work. I also deleted the apps I have used with the store. But I can see I have shopify monthly bill to pay and two apps bills as well. Is this normal?

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
258 82 47

Thanks for this context!

It does sound like there is an outstanding bill preventing you from closing your account at this time. That bill will need to be paid (via the steps I shared above) before you are able to successfully close your store. That said, if there are any charges you would like to get more clarification on or even challenge (for example an app fee for an app you have not yet had the chance to use), I would recommend reaching out to our support team via our Help Center to discuss your options. At the end of the day, while app fees are determined by the app developer and only their teams can approve a refund, we'll be more than happy to reach out on your behalf if it makes sense to do so. 

Once this invoice has been either paid or removed, you should be able to close your store without an issue. 

0 Likes
CaraGrim
1 0 0

Hi there

I am reaching the end of my trial and trying to cancel/delete my account as I haven't used it. I don't want to be billed for a subscription I don't want or use.

It says I can't do myself yet I can't reach customer support to get direct help. 

How can I reach customer service directly please?

Thanks

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
258 82 47

Hi @CaraGrim,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the messaging you're seeing in your admin letting you know that you're unable to close your account yourself? Ordinarily, you would be able to close your account by visiting Settings > Plan > Cancel subscription, but please let me know if you're seeing something different on your end. 

My next question is, have you added a method of payment to your account yet? If you're unsure, you can confirm at any time by heading to Settings > Billing > Default payment methods. If you find that there is not yet a method of payment attached to your account, then when your trial period ends, your account will become frozen and you will not be charged. 

Once I have a better idea of what you're experiencing on your end, I can absolutely clarify your best next steps. Of course, if you're concerned that you may be charged in the next day or so and you'd like to connect with our support team before then, you can do so at any time by visiting our Help Center here. Whatever works best for you! 

0 Likes