Why is Shopify not deleting or adding product types correctly?

dholt1017
Visitor
2 0 0

I am trying to delete a product "type" and i have seen multiple issues with this in that they don't automatically delete when there are no "orphans." I have also had an issue in adding a type. I am trying to add "Sauce" vs what's in there now which is "Sauces". I have made sure all products that were under "sauces" have been changed to "sauce". The issue is that Shopify is not adding "sauce" in in the drop down nor is it deleting "sauces". What do do now?

Replies 9 (9)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @dholt1017 

I'd be happy to help. Just to confirm, are you seeing the old product type, "Sauce" somewhere in your Shopify store where you don't want it to be? Can you provide me with the link to that page? 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Can you help me for the same problem? This is the link wher you can see the problem, in the left there is a widget with product type

https://4pawsmart.com/collections/all

dholt1017
Visitor
2 0 0
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>
Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @dholt1017 

Thanks for your patience. Do you mind providing an actual link to your online store where you are seeing the product types still?

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SissyBoutique
Tourist
5 0 7

What is that supposed to do?  It looks like it's exporting the product types...is there a way to remove product types?

Rolo_Ramirez
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, I had the same problem with a customer and I think I found the solution!

Make sure that a collection with the wrong product type has not been automatically generated... if so make sure to delete it.

The wrong product type should be deleted almost instantly.

SissyBoutique
Tourist
5 0 7

THANK YOU!!!!

SissyBoutique
Tourist
5 0 7

I'm going into my products and filtering by the products types that I don't want anymore...then editing them to be the product types that I do want.  Also, going into my collections and removing any automated product types that I don't want.  It looks like this is working! 😉

KardsUnlimited
Visitor
1 0 0

THANK YOU!!