I would like to disable some of the customer notification emails which are located at /admin/settings/notifications but I'm allowed only to edit them. Is there a way to turn off some of them completely?
There are no global settings to turn off specific notifications but you have the option to turn off some emails at the time of sending. (Shipping notifications, Refund notifications, etc.) The order notification email is the only one that can't be turned off.
...and how would you go about doing that? The shipping notification specifically. Right now we have shopify AND shipstation both sending emails when an order is shipped. We can't use the shopify one because it is sending people to the wrong place for tracking their order. I provided a screen shot showing what I mean. So since the shipstation email is directing people to the right place I would prefer to just turn the shopify one off. Thanks!
Below is a complete list of notifications that can be turned on/off:
- Abandoned Checkout Notification: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout
- Contact Buyer: Not an automatic notification
- Customer Account Activation: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Account Welcome: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Password Reset: Cannot be turned off
- Draft Order Invoice: Not an automatic notification
- Fulfillment Request: Only sent if Custom Fulfillment method exists
- Gift Card Notification: Cannot be turned off
- New Order Notification: Can be turned off
- Order Cancelled: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Cancellation
- Order Confirmation: Cannot be turned off
- POS and Mobile Receipt: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Creation
- Refund Notification: Can be turned on/off at time of Refund
- Shipping confirmation: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout, and toggled on/off at time of fulfillment
- Shipping update: Can be toggled on/off at time of Shipping Update
Hope that helps to clear things up!
We would like to be able to combine the order confirmation & shipping confirmation into one email as these emails typically get issues within seconds of eachother and we'd prefer not to send our customers two emails. Thus we'd like to be able to turn one of them off.