Solved

DNS TXT record not taking in shopify

dogfoxind
4 0 0

I am trying to get my domain verified with facebook.  This is a domain I purchased through shopify.  It has been over 5 days.

I am following their instructions and using a TXT RECORD method.  I have copied their text and edited my DNS settings, adding the "@" for the name.  Facebook is unable to verify and I don't see the text record when I view the source of my site.  Help?

Accepted Solution (1)
Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

This is an accepted solution.

I looked that up and do see a txt record on the domain. 

TXTdogfoxindustries.comfacebook-domain-verification=5e50moj371mmk70a52wcws48bh624u

Give it another shot to see if facebook now sees the update. Updating domain records is something that may take time for it to be picked up.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @dogfoxind!

I'm Ava from Shopify Support, I'd like to help here.

I'd like to gather more context so I can better understand what's happening here. Could you share a link with me to the instructions you were following with regards to editing your TXT records? Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along! Was this the guide you were following?

I'd recommend running your domain through this DNS checker to check for the TXT record. This will show you if the TXT record has been added correctly! You can switch the field here to TXT to run the search:

23-18-erctw-nhjxs

If the TXT record is showing there on that search, then it has been added as it should have been, and it should be accepted by Facebook. However, if Facebook still cannot verify the domain, it would be best to reach out to their support team directly. 

Let me know if you can see the record there!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dogfoxind
4 0 0

The instructions for editing the text records domain I followed were:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/domains/managing-domains/advanced-settings?utm_ca...

It doesn't seem to be working based on that DNS checker site you provided.  Should I just remove the record I added and start over?

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Thanks for the response!

Could you share a link to your domain so I can take a look here too? Just for some more context & to see if there is anything else I can suggest for you. If the TXT record has been added correctly, then the next step would be to reach out to Facebook's support team directly. But I'd like to make sure there are no errors here on our end first!

Let me know the domain link and we can check from there. Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dogfoxind
4 0 0

My domain is dogfoxindustries.com

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

This is an accepted solution.

I looked that up and do see a txt record on the domain. 

TXTdogfoxindustries.comfacebook-domain-verification=5e50moj371mmk70a52wcws48bh624u

Give it another shot to see if facebook now sees the update. Updating domain records is something that may take time for it to be picked up.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
dogfoxind
4 0 0

Thanks. Thats the right TXT record.  It must be just very slow on their end to see it or it takes longer for it to spread across all the severs.