Solved

Does frequent use of 'Fraud Cancellation' affect website trustworthiness?

JustAVolunteer
Tourist
6 0 2

Our non-profit offers free food and occasionally we have to ban people for a certain time period due to misuse etc.  I have change the Fraud Cancellation reason to send an email to reflect they are banned for 30 days. 

My question is, will the overuse of this reason for cancellation impact the trust / reputation of our site. I don't want to get our domain / account into any bother.  I'm not sure if it's just the wording that changes or has further reaching ramifications.  We don't process any payments as it's all $0 items.

thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2228 203 593

This is an accepted solution.

My guess is it doesn't matter, because the reason is just for your Shopify store records, for example so staff members know why orders were cancelled. I'm 99.9% sure Shopify doesn't report that to Google or something like that, doesn't seem logical to me.

Stores get fraudulent orders all the time (we have an app where one of the features is to auto cancel fraudulent orders, and this action happens almost every day).

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2228 203 593

This is an accepted solution.

My guess is it doesn't matter, because the reason is just for your Shopify store records, for example so staff members know why orders were cancelled. I'm 99.9% sure Shopify doesn't report that to Google or something like that, doesn't seem logical to me.

Stores get fraudulent orders all the time (we have an app where one of the features is to auto cancel fraudulent orders, and this action happens almost every day).

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
JustAVolunteer
Tourist
6 0 2

@JoesIdeas thanks so much. Hoping this was the case. Too many years of being married to an IT guy and hearing the issues 😊