Solved

Why isn't my Shopify domain functioning properly?

yvessaintlondon
Visitor
1 0 0

Anybody know why my website my all of a sudden not be working?

Accepted Solution (1)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @yvessaintlondon !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. It could really be a number of things so first I'll get you to click Online Store > Domains and see what the current status of the domain looks like. Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

If it say's Not Connected, you'll want to make sure your DNS settings are pointed to ShopifyIf you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65
  • Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com

If the domain says Action Required, click on it and follow the instruction provided in the admin. Often times it's related to email verification. You may see a yellow banner that allows you to resend the verification email. If this is what you see, go ahead and resend the email, and follow the prompts found in said email.

If you have more information, error message or specifications on the issues you're seeing, feel free to pass it along here and we can continue to troubleshoot together!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 26 (26)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @yvessaintlondon !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. It could really be a number of things so first I'll get you to click Online Store > Domains and see what the current status of the domain looks like. Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

If it say's Not Connected, you'll want to make sure your DNS settings are pointed to ShopifyIf you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65
  • Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com

If the domain says Action Required, click on it and follow the instruction provided in the admin. Often times it's related to email verification. You may see a yellow banner that allows you to resend the verification email. If this is what you see, go ahead and resend the email, and follow the prompts found in said email.

If you have more information, error message or specifications on the issues you're seeing, feel free to pass it along here and we can continue to troubleshoot together!

moh07
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I tried to connect my domain its not working. I purchased it through shopify. I have verified it, it says its connected and I also changed the IP to A record and CNAME record but its still not working. Please help.

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @moh07 !

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, I'd be happy to help. I'll just need the domain name in question so I can run a DIG and see what all of the domain settings look like. From there, we can take a look at what steps might be best to take next!

All the best!

Mayyada
Visitor
2 0 0

I do all the steps to add existing domain, but still the status of the domain ( Not Connected)

what should I do??

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latto
Visitor
1 0 0

I also tried connecting a third party domain and it work for 10 minutes than stopped, anyone can help?

www.lattovelara.com

or

latto-velara.myshopify.com

jackkellner
Visitor
3 0 0

Oliver,

I have been experiencing issues with connecting my existing domain at GoDaddy. After speaking with their staff, they indicated that my DNS settings are functioning properly and propagating on their end. However, whenever I attempt to verify, Shopify throws an error indicating that my A and CNAME settings are blank, which is not the case as indicated in my screenshots and confirmed at the links below.

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#CNAME/www.cyptoclothes.com

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/cyptoclothes.com

Can you help me understand if there are issues on Shopify's end that are preventing verification?

Thank you,

Jack

shopify.pnggodaddy.png

Jackiewaite
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi- I wonder if there has been an answer to Jackkellner back in May this year?  I have the same issue using a different web host, LCN.  

Thanks

Jackie

Ainsleyshaina
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, my domain had been set up, approved, verified, ect… however it is still not working 

theDollhouse
Visitor
1 0 0

I need help with this also

michaltecj
Visitor
2 0 0

@moh07 wrote:

Hi

I tried to connect my domain its not working. I purchased it through shopify. I have verified it, it says its connected and I also changed the IP to A record and CNAME record but its still not working. Please help i can't work .

I also tried connecting a third party domain and it work for 10 minutes than stopped, anyone can help?

MrSmith2000
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

My domain is still not working after changing the I.P. Please contact me as soon as possible so that we may work on this error together.

Absal1010
Visitor
1 0 0

For the following store

https://amlo-teethwhiteningpens.com

I followed the verification yellow banner and verified yet when trying to open on iPhone says page cannot be found?

Please help 

GIGINICOLE
Visitor
1 0 1

I STARTED THIS TRIAL SESSION AND FOLLOWED A FEW SETUP TUTORIALS. I REACHED THE STEP FOR PURCHASING MY DOMAIN THROUGH SHOPIFY. I CHOSE MY DOMAIN, AND PAYMENT WAS SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED. I RECEIVED AN ERROR SCREEN ON SHOPIFY, BUT ALSO RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION/VERIFICATION EMAIL FOR THE PURCHASE OF MY DOMAIN. ITS BEEN ABOUT A WEEK AND I STILL DONT SEE MY DOMAIN AVAILABLE TO ME ON SHOPIFY TO UTILIZE.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I EVEN PURCHASED A SHOPIFY PLAN BEFORE MY TRIAL ENDS IN HOPES THAT MAY GET IT TO WORK...NOTHING. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

LSecom
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi after I purchased my domain through shopify it had asked me to verify so I used TXT record to add the code which now in facebook business .myshopify and lsecom.ca are both verified so I don't understand then none of my links are working my site is not reachable and even when I click the eye to the left of shopify admin it still gives me the shop not found. Please help my new domain lsecom.ca says SSL Pending but is connected and does not work without www. and www.lsecom.ca says connected and the mylink.myshopify.com is connected aswell what could be wrong?

LSecom
Visitor
3 0 0

I have followed the steps and my IP is correct but there is still no fix

trendzymart
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. I recently bought a domain on shopify but when i go to connect existing domain it say that the domain has been taken, even though i bought it already. Screenshot 2022-06-09 193136.pngScreenshot 2022-06-09 193223.png

GemPages
Shopify Partner
5588 1261 1203

Hello @trendzymart 

Glad to help you today.

This error indicates the domain may have set up on another store. 

For example, you may have signed up in the past, added a domain to your store, closed your Shopify account but forget to remove your domain. 

To resolve this situation you’ll need to contact Shopify Support with the following details: 

• Your physical, or postal address
  • Your Shopify account email address
  • The last four digits of the credit card you are using with Shopify 
  • Proof of purchase for the domain you would like to use. This could be a screenshot with your name and the domain name from the domain registration account or an email receipt is needed for verification)

After gathering this information contact Shopify Support via email, or phone using the contact details listed on this page here so the team can help you out.

I hope the above is useful to you.
Best regards,
GemPages Support Team

GemPages - Build any high-converting store pages for any business

- If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution
- Get connected: App Store | Blog | Community | Help Center
Julian247
5 0 0

Hi, I also have a question about getting a new one! When I click on the buy now button, I get redirected to the checkout page. However Shopify doesn't let me check out because the domain "Can not contain special characters"... All Characters is the given domain are from the alphabet so I was wondering how I can fix that!

Thanks!!

koolwiz
Visitor
2 0 0

Good day, Should the cname be the same as you are showing here?

LSecom
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi there! The store is currently closed for maintenance is there anything I can assist you with?
koolwiz
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, so i am having an issue with my shopify saying my current ip address is empty can you help me with this?

Rcm3
Visitor
3 0 0

lol I bet this dude quite when he realized the company just takes your money and gives you a fake website that won’t work… 

michaltecj
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

My domain is still not working after changing the I.P. Please contact me as soon as possible so that we may work on this error together.

SaluTo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,
I have issues with domain I recon. So after hourse to fixing I gave up. Bought another domain connected to my account and received this:

Multiple issue with domain . . . 

• Error fetching domain A record: Open your domain provider's DNS settings for bodynflow.co and check that the record is set to the IP address 23.227.38.65. Note that record updates can take up to 48 hours to come into effect.
  • Error fetching domain CAA record: Open your domain provider's DNS settings for bodynflow.co and check that the record is set correctly. Note that record updates can take up to 48 hours to come into effect.
  • Error fetching domain DNSSEC record: Open your domain provider's DNS settings for bodynflow.co and check that the record is set correctly. Note that record updates can take up to 48 hours to come into effect.
  • Error fetching domain nameserver record: Open your domain provider's DNS settings for bodynflow.co and check that the record is set correctly. Note that record updates can take up to 48 hours to come into effect.

Any ideas how to sort this out? PLease
Thanks

Rcm3
Visitor
3 0 0

I promise this issue was never resolved. The company had no clue what to actually do when this issue hit which looks like it’s 100% of the time… 

Rcm3
Visitor
3 0 0

Shopify doesn’t want to fix the issue because then they can take credit for your website…