Solved

Why isn't my purchased domain showing up in Shopify?

TheDavid
Visitor
2 0 0

About a week ago I purchased domain (fitnesspull.com) from Shopify Domains section. Everything went smooth, the money was sent, it appears under billing, I got the confirmation email etc. But once I went to Shopify Domains section to make the new domain as my primary, it showed that there has been an unknown error and the new domain isn't even showing up there.

DOMAINS.pngbilling.pngpaypal.png

Of course I immediately got into live chat with Shopify support, the agent didn't know how to help me so he opened support ticket (16696435). It's been about a week now and no progress has made.

How do I get my domain to work?

P.S. I already tried  to Connect existing domain & Transfer domain, all it shows is "A store with that domain name already exists OR This domain is currently managed by a different shop".

Accepted Solution (1)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey!

This is Dallas from Shopify's Social Care Team.

I do see what you mean about the domain not working properly. For this, it will be more beneficial if I can go into the back end of your account and take a closer look for you.

What I'm going to do is send an email to the account associated with this forum's account. If you could follow the instructions on that email in order for me to verify your account that would be very helpful! I look forward to speaking with you further.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey!

This is Dallas from Shopify's Social Care Team.

I do see what you mean about the domain not working properly. For this, it will be more beneficial if I can go into the back end of your account and take a closer look for you.

What I'm going to do is send an email to the account associated with this forum's account. If you could follow the instructions on that email in order for me to verify your account that would be very helpful! I look forward to speaking with you further.

TheDavid
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the quick response, I have sent you an email.

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Thank you so much! 

I've looked over the situation and I've sent you an email response with the result. 

Luckylarroza
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Dallas, 

I'm having the same issue. Could you please assist me as well?

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

I'd love to see what I can do to help you. Are you able to share a screenshot for me? 

paqs
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Dallas,

I'm having the same issue. Could you please assist me as well? I have purchased a primary domain iamworldwideuae.com in shopify store but the new domain is not showing in my domain lists.

1-Domain IAM Shopify.jpg

1-Paqs Shopify Account.jpg

I've tried to contact the Shopify Support but it was kept idle on continuous loop.

I also tried  to Connect existing domain & Transfer domain, all it shows is "A store with that domain name already exists OR This domain is currently managed by a different shop".

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Thank you so much for letting me know! I would love to help you out with this. In order to work on this I'm going to need to verify your account which means that I am going to need to move this conversation to email. 

I have sent you an email to the address associated with this forum account. In order to do proceed we'll just have to follow the steps in that email. 

If you don't see it in your spam folder or your inbox please let me know. 

santosozoemena1
Visitor
1 0 0

Please I'm having the exact issue, please help

evno0244
Tourist
6 1 1

Hello Dallas,

I am having the same issue as everyone else here. I paid for the domain and confirmed it but it does not appear in the primary domains section.

evno0244_0-1600554405342.png

evno0244_1-1600554506879.png

Could you help me as well?

Lynda5
Visitor
1 0 0

@Dallas wrote:

I'd love to see what I can do to help you. Are you able to share a screenshot for me? 

I have the same problem

asmaar
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having same problem, bought the domain, paid for it, but Im not able to connect it to my store. Kindly assist me in this matter

Alinalaptsionak
4 0 0
I have the same problem. I can't contact support, I don't know how to solve this!

Dondada77
4 0 0

674A3928-0123-458F-8C01-24AE0368256A.png

Hello

i have same issue please help me,

I purchased domain (mymaskus.com) from Shopify Domains section. Everything went smooth, the money was sent, it appears under billing, I got the confirmation email etc. But once I went to Shopify Domains section to make the new domain as my primary, it showed that there has been an unknown error and the new domain isn't even showing up there.

my store email dondadagz@gmail.com