Edit/Cancel orders by customers

Solved

Hi there Shopify, I was wondering if there is a way you guys can build a feature where customers can cancel or edit their orders on their own, including their shipping choices and address.

This feature would allow merchants to choose a timeframe window like 6, 12, or 24 hours after purchase before their order goes into production.

The apps that I have tried before are either too expensive, too complicated or no customer service available.

Is this something you guys can create?

Thank you!🙂

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 48 101

Hi, @Zachia

Thank you for reaching out about that. This isn't currently a built in option on the platform, so I'll be sure to pass that on to the appropriate team as a feature request for the future. In the meantime, you can use an app like Orderify to integrate that option.  I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with the apps that you mentioned - let me know if you need any assistance getting ahold of them. Hope this helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Hi there, thank you for replying back. I have tried Orderify before but
they never responded back to me, So I was thinking of a feature that can be
made from shopify for merchants. Customers can edit or cancel their orders
without getting in contact with the merchants, kind of like a RMA return
app.
0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 48 101

Hi, @Zachia

Thanks for the response. That's a great idea! I've sent your suggestion up to the team so hopefully that will be implemented in the future. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to try reaching out to Orderify again, I'd be happy to reach out to them on your behalf and see if we're able to get ahold of them that way. Let me know! 

0 Likes
angelinaswan
4 0 0

Hi Shopify, I came over from BigCommerce and it never occurred to me to ask the question (before switching) if I can edit the shipping option on a customer's order. This is the most basic service you need to offer. The fact that you haven't built it in, along with several other simple, basic and necessary features is, frankly, insulting to your customers. I came over from BigCommerce and have had to download and pay for no fewer that 15 apps- and we just started getting our store going! I find this absurd. An app to print an order? Yep- I have to pay for that. I'm appalled and since I keep finding these things lacking as I go along, like many of your other customers, I'm feeling very stuck. I've spent hundreds of hours setting this up already and am sorely disappointed that Shopify doesn't make this clear. It's feeling like a total scam at this point.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 48 101

Hi, @angelinaswan

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the platform so far. While you can't adjust the shipping after an order has been paid, a good workaround for this is to simply add the extra shipping as a custom product and then invoice the customer for the difference. It will look something like this: 

20-40-xonjt-kno0k

In regards to printing an order, are you referring to packing slips? You can print orders using the free Order Printer app. Is there anything else you're having trouble getting done with the built in settings? Let me know and I'd be happy to make a recommendation if I can. 

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Zachia, I have made an app specifically for this!  https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable

Cancellable app allows your customers to cancel , edit and reorder easily on the order status page (thank you page) and also their account page easily.

cancel, edit and reorder buttonscancel, edit and reorder buttons

You can set fulfilment times for each day, once customer has placed an order, they cannot cancel after the fulfilment time has started for that day (or on the following day).

fulfillment.png

The app currently cost $7/month, hope this is not too expensive.

Hope this helps!

Spent too much support time dealing with order cancellation request from customer? Wouldn't it be good if customer can cancel order on their own without bugging your support? Try out Cancellable app! https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable . I also write articles about store customization that can improve your customer shopping experience here : Yagi Software Blog
0 Likes

Hello soulchild37

That's great news! I will make sure to keep notice of this app.

This is exactly what we need in Shopify.

Thanks for creating this app!

0 Likes