Where can I update my new EIN number on Shopify?

missnatacha
Visitor
1 0 0

Does anyone know where I can put my new EIN number? I can't find it anywhere.

Replies 12 (12)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @missnatacha.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

The EIN field is only available when you first sign-up for Shopify Payments, after that you'll need to contact our Support team to make any changes to your EIN. For security reasons, our team will enable an upload function directly in your admin, so that you can upload your EIN securely. That being said, it's best if the document is a CP-575 or a signed and dated W9 form.

I've located your store and I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam folders in the account owner's email and reply to it. Once I've authenticated your account, I can move forward with the next steps and send a request to our Payments team on your behalf. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DavidTCC
Visitor
2 0 0

I also need to change my EIN and I cannot find a way to contact shopify support anywhere. When I click on contact, it makes me log into my store, then the button to contact support disappears. What's the deal here?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @DavidTCC.

No problem, I'd be happy to help you with that!

I've sent an authentication email with instructions to your registered email, please check your inbox/spam folders and reply to it. After that, I can move forward the next steps.

For future reference, you can contact Shopify support directly from our Help Center and skip logging into your account. However, it's important to note, you do need to log into your account to be able to request a callback.

Then, you'll be prompted to complete a search and a button to get further support will appear under the resources shared by the Help Center. By clicking on this button, you can get access to all of our available contact methods. We've also got a step-by-step guide on that here

I hope that helps! Looking forward to hearing from you!

DavidTCC
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Elias, I responded to your email 2 weeks ago (and twice more as reminders since then) and haven't heard from you or anyone else at Shopify.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @DavidTCC.

Thank you for following up!

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from our Tax team. I've taken a look at your ticket and I can confirm that your request is with their team. However, due to a smaller team and an influx of support requests, it may take a little longer for them to get back to you.

That said, I understand that taxes are an urgent matter, so I've reached out to our Tax team as well. They've informed me that as long as we receive your new tax ID before the end of March, it will be automatically used for all of your 2020 taxes and documents. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

oliviadang
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi There,

I am also looking for help changing my EIN. Any support you can provide would be very helpful. I am attempting to switch over my business this week. 

Thanks very much

SalesTaxSupport
Shopify Expert
16 0 4
oliviadang
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the resource, however I'm looking to change the EIN associated with my Shopify store

SalesTaxSupport
Shopify Expert
16 0 4

It looks like the Shopify support team has provided that answer. 
The EIN field is only available when you first sign-up for Shopify Payments, after that you'll need to contact our Support team to make any changes to your EIN. For security reasons, our team will enable an upload function directly in your admin, so that you can upload your EIN securely.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @oliviadang & @SalesTaxSupport.

Thank you both for joining the thread!

I can confirm that we're unable to help with changing the EIN via the Community Forums, as we're unable to provide that level of account-specific support through here. However, as suggested by @SalesTaxSupport, this is something that our Support team would be happy to assist you with through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account. After logging into your account on the Help Center, you'll be prompted to search a topic. Simply complete a search and a button to get further support will appear below the relevant resources generated from the search results. From there, you'll be able to access and choose one of the contact methods mentioned earlier. 

I understand you're looking to migrate your existing store to Shopify, and this is something that we can help you with as well. We've also got a step-by-step guide that can help with migrating your store, that's right over here - Migrate to Shopify. 

Have you created your Shopify store yet? How is the store migration coming along?

SalesTaxSupport
Shopify Expert
16 0 4

This will help you get your letter from the IRS with your EIN:

If you need the letter from the IRS with your EIN on it and are not able to find it, you will need to make a request directly with the IRS.

Here is the process:
The best way to request a 147C letter (the one with your EIN on it) is to contact the IRS by phone at 1 (800) 829-4933 Option 1, 1, 3. You may receive a high call volume message and need to call back later.

The IRS will want to verify:
-Your business name
-Your business address on file
-Your EIN
-Your fiscal year-end
-Your formation date

The IRS will fax a copy of what is on file for your business. Fax is the fasted way to receive the letter.

Noubeluxe
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello