Error Message: Checkout session is gone

oekohofkiste
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello,
at least 10 of my customers emailed me that they received an error message when trying to checkout and that they cannot continue with the checkout even after reloading the page multiple times.

The error message:
"Something went wrong.
What happened?
Checkout session is gone: Checkout session is gone"

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

I have seen that someone has asked about this problem before and someone wrote that the problem could be due to PayPal.
However, I do not use PayPal in my shop. So the problem must be elsewhere.

Replies 54 (54)

Lichtblock
Tourist
3 0 1

Today we got a message about the problem, too.

Really disappointed that it's not clear already what causes the issue.
I though the closed checkout system made it kinda bulletproof...

mrbobby93
Excursionist
37 0 14

I deleted the app GDPR Legal Cookie by beeclecer and now my customer don't get the error.

The support from beecelcer didn't answer my email from about 4 days ago.

I am now searching for an other cookie app with popup.

does anyone have a recommendation?

Lichtblock
Tourist
3 0 1

I would say it is highly unlikely that it's the plugin. Makes no sense and i could not reproduce the error page anywhere. Besides that it's the only compliant plugin out there. A statement from shopify would be good regardless to find possible solutions in the future.

mrbobby93
Excursionist
37 0 14

I'm desperate right now.
Is it possible to bring Shopify support into this thread?

lauralovesEcom
Visitor
2 0 0

Does any of you know, if your customers clicked on accept all cookies or just the essential cookies in the cookie popup? At this moment I can't seem to reproduce the bug and I was wondering if its depending on the cookie settings....

Also I heard, that this problem didn't occur before the 14th of April and may have to do with the downtime of shopify on that day?!....