Export list of customers who purchased a particular collection or product?

Thomas_Romer
Explorer
40 0 21

So I just tried what you suggested. I installed Deep Mine and it generated a list of customers who bought an item. BUT I want to email these people using your new email system. However, I cannot create a customer group from the downloaded CSV (as far as I can tell). The CSV also does not contain their addresses, etc and when I try to upload it asks if I want to replace the existing customers or not. I don’t want to do that and erase all the missing info — so I hesitate to use this. I would expect that if I did upload without the overwrite, there would be no resulting list. Besides that, I am not even sure if this would work anyway. 

That all said. You can see how ridiculous this hunt is. Because you are intentionally hiding pretty basic information from long-time customers who simply refuse to go from $75 to $300 a month. I am sure if I could just do this on Shopify, I could search that product — the people who bought it and make an email list. Or maybe tag them and make a list.

Or maybe I need to download three more apps for $10 a month per from third-party vendors?

0 Likes
KoopDawg7
Tourist
5 0 2

That's extremely irritating. So you're telling me this DeepMine app doesn't put the email addresses and home addresses of these specific customers on the CSV sheet?

0 Likes
KoopDawg7
Tourist
5 0 2

I figured it out using Google sheets.

1. Export your orders and import them to Google sheets.
  2. Select the first row and freeze by clicking view, then freeze one row
  3. Select all cells of the entire sheet.
  4. On the toolbar, click on Data, then click Create a filter
  5. Now you should see a little filter icon next to the title of each column. Click the filter icon of the column you want to sort (if you exported from Shopify and want to sort by the product name, the title will be "Lineitem name").
  6. Select filter by condition, then text contains, then type in the title of the product you want to filter by. Select OK.
  7. Now the sheet should be only showing all rows (with customer name, email, address, etc.) that show a purchase of the specific product.
  8. DO NOT EXPORT YET, first, you must select all cells of the entire sheet and paste on to a new sheet (Or else you'll just export the original sheet without the filter, even though it's not showing).
  9. Now you can download and export.
0 Likes
swalach
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

There is a much easier way to do that. Just go to Orders and in search type in the name of the product. It should filter all orders that contain that product. You can then tag all these customers or orders or just export the list!

Expresomoda
2 0 0

Hi @swalach when I filter the orders by searching for the product name I only see an option to tag all of these orders.  There doesn't seem to be a way to tag the customers in bulk and going 1 by 1 is not practical...am I missing something?

Cheers.

0 Likes
swalach
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hey @Expresomoda ,

Yes, that's true. You can only add tags to Orders (using Shopify admin). You would have to export the list, get the email column and import it back to Customers with a tag.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Expresomoda
2 0 0

Cool, thanks for the quick response.

0 Likes
Tsotne
Tourist
9 0 1

Use Klaviyo.

It lets you segment the customers according to purchased products along with other parameters.

Then you can easily message them and include automations.

The service starts at $20 per month and scales pretty generously.

Cheers!

0 Likes
roncates
1 0 0

Easy way - any plan:

Go to Sales Over Time Report

Input the date range you want.

Add customer name, customer email, and product type as columns (or whatever you're looking for).

Export and then sort in Excel or other spreadsheet program.

0 Likes
RBetterReports
10 0 0

Hi @Shutez,

Rishika here from the Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports can help! We can create a custom report showing a list of customers who bought a specific product or a collection. It is possible to add filters “Product name” or “Product is in collection” in the report to show customers for a specific product or collection. You can also export the report to CSV, Excel or PDF.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies (for instance, hourly, daily, monthly).

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

0 Likes