Solved

Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Irreversivel
Visitor
2 0 7

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Accepted Solution (1)
JD44
Tourist
3 1 10

This is an accepted solution.

Update my end - Commerce Account now approved. 

So I didn't have to do much other than contact them and explain that I had thoroughly reviewed the commerce terms and was confident my account didn't breach any and that many other users seem to have the same issue. I also attached screenshots of the various screens showing the account not approved.

Here is the link the support team gave me to use to specifically contact the commerce team: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/onboarding/support/?ref=cm_onsite_onboarding_channel_selec...

When you click through to the link it'll ask you to select the page you need support with. Under Topic I selected 'Account Setup' and then 'Getting approval for Instagram Shopping'. I think you can select other categories and get the same outcome though so have a look through them.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 20.09.18.png

My advice would be to message facebook directly using the above link if you haven't already. Be detailed, and demonstrate confidence that you meeting the commerce account criteria.

View solution in original post

Replies 293 (293)
Bernard9k
Tourist
3 0 3

Yes, this is the main issue. Same for my client - Facebook shop is suspended but Instagram is approved. Weirdly, some products sync to the suspended catalogue in the commerce manager and some don't. 

sapphire86
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi,

Did you manage to get approved after 2 shop reviews and rejections? As apparently the 2nd review is the last chance of review?

Statoise
Visitor
3 0 0

I am having the exact issue...?

BadrSalah
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello , i am having the same issue struggling since a week , any help?

MDavis1719
Tourist
3 0 2

I am in the midst of talking with support about this issue the gentlemen and I are eager to solve the problem I have sent him a few screen recordings and have asked him to show me exactly what is wrong with the account, if anything at all. Best of luck. I Will try to post a solution to this if there is one that seems applicable to all shops. Otherwise I think I may have idea an my end what the issue is. I have two different pixel ID's and I am also not sure if the Facebook pixel code needs to be inputed onto our website in order to use Facebook Shop. (I'm not sure why it would be? maybe if you were utilizing Facebook ads for your website I would think)

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

I am having this same problem. Facebook approves my ads but not my stores. And it has approved a store where there is nothing posted. It is bizarre. Tommy B. McDonell Leap4artNC

BoxTherapyUK
Tourist
4 0 7

Any luck? I've just given up... shopify help was useless and so was Facebook. Thinking of giving up on shopify all together

BadrSalah
Visitor
2 0 0

I am waiting Facebook approval for the next time on my business documentation if its the reason for the problem 

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14
My site has been seen four times.
Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

What are you selling? Shopify has been ok with me. They don’t understand it. I may have to hire someone other than whom I have. 

tommy

icyprincess
Tourist
5 0 2

Same... where would you go?

Madison90s
Visitor
2 0 0

me too. I have been trying for weeks. Just a disaster. Any help send you down a rabbit hole of clicks to other pages that just end nowhere. Google too. What a disaster.

Mamun8971
Visitor
2 0 0

Today i finally solved and approved my client facebook shop having exactly same issues. It's not your shopify problem. It is happen inside your Commerce manager. Some of your products are rejected, that's why your Commerce manager is disapproved.              

Skmn
Excursionist
12 0 5
I deleted the product that was rejected awhile back and still nothing.
Mamun8971
Visitor
2 0 0
How many of your product are approved. After delete all of rejected product
then apply for review your rejected Commerce account again.
LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

I have four items that are stuck in unchanged and cant request a review. so frustrating

SKumar10
Tourist
4 0 3

I'm having the same issue - any fixes?

Benjalex
Visitor
2 0 12

Any luck ? I've been trying for 3 weeks to resolve this.

I am going insane.

Such a bad service from Shopify and Facebook.

No explanation at all.

JeremySkeggs
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hi

I'm halfway through getting some where with this

How to

Deactivate your commerce account in Commerce Manager

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/262773191256733

Facebook Commerce Support Form

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/262773191256733

I don't know if this will work, but it may. I'm in New Zealand so Shopify and Facebook backends are set up differently here

JeremySkeggs
Excursionist
15 0 4

I'm in the same situation, when i switched to the new set up in a new store, its locked my out , Facebook have review but said it dosn't meet the required standards. Thye need a Video the same as the Google one to go through all the steps required for the new store set up

RidolfoDesigns
Tourist
4 0 9

I also have same issue: instagram & facebook linked. 

"Account Reviewed
Close

After a requested review of this commerce account, we confirmed that it doesn't comply with our , so your shop isn't visible to potential customers."

No understanding of why this all of a sudden happened. Rather frustrating how complicated all this is.
LoganS
Tourist
3 0 7

FIXED! I emailed Shopify and asked them about it, it is a Facebook issue and not them. They gave me the contact details, but before they did I contacted Facebook support and they told me to hit the re-review button so that they can take a look at your store. Apparently there is something that is being picked up that shouldn’t be picked up whether it be just a word. 

My store is now published and working and only rejects products that don’t meet the standard which is ok because it has published nearly 1000 of my products!

Good luck everyone just keep hassling Facebook 🙂 

RidolfoDesigns
Tourist
4 0 9

I hit review and still nothing. same issue. other functions processed and updated but still unable to run shops

linda1507
Tourist
3 0 5
Yes I’m the same – Facebook could at least give a clue to what is wrong !
Carolina3
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, how can I request for a review ? I have same problem but, can't find where can I review it?

4ME
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi 

You can appeal their decision at this link: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager

x1.JPG

Hit the 'See Details' button and on the next page there will be another button you can use to ask for your account to be reviewed.

Before you hit the review button make sure to revise all the criteria mentioned in the post above. If you are rejected a second time, it will probably take some time before you get another chance to appeal their decision. I have been waiting for more than a month now...

Good luck!

JAAS666
Excursionist
13 0 10

Following.. but not getting my hopes up... both facebook and Shopify suck at resolving these kind of issues.

SKumar10
Tourist
4 0 3
Could you send us the contact details? Because after I clicked review, it’s
still the same issue. They reviewed the store again and it’s still the same
issue.
RidolfoDesigns
Tourist
4 0 9

Did anyone get this fixed? 

Theres a review page that lists : Changed, reviewed, unchanged and offer a category of "pollicy issue".

In this page for me, alllllllllll are blank.. I'm about to be done with shopify and try etsy unless theres a solution to this...

Benjalex
Visitor
2 0 12
Hello,

My Instagram Shopping account has been set up now, since last Thursday.
It seems to work.

The situation on my Facebook is still the same.
The products exist in the catalogue and I can tag them on my posts.
The problem is that my Facebook Shop still can't be published due to some
issues that are supposed to be listed in the quality module, but are not.

Therefore I am not able to ask for a second review of the shop.

What can be done there ?
Thanks

Benjamin

thirumalmurugan
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey All,

My situation is 

Instagram shop - approved

Commerce account not approved ( i dont even see the review button as I have reviewed once)

I can tag the products in Fb posts and can see the products in catalog but still says my Fb shop cant be published, though have my instagram shop published.

I am going nuts over this situation.

Could anyone help us ?

Any updates on your situation?

Thanks in advance.

BoxTherapyUK
Tourist
4 0 7

Hi,

Did you get a resolution by any chance?.im stuck in the same position too and facebook are so unhelpful

GaryBusey1
Excursionist
44 0 20

Unfortunately not, I’ve contact Facebook support every day and they are telling me could take 28 days for someone to look at. 

so frustrated. Most of my traffic is from instagram and I’m losing out because I can’t set up my Instagram shop

mauríc1u
Tourist
4 0 1

I am in the exact same situation. Have you got any luck? 

MDavis1719
Tourist
3 0 2

He said someone from the ads department would be reaching out to me shortly.

Maxime91
Visitor
1 0 0

J'ai le meme soucis ,      j'ai demandé une explication a facebook mais pas eu de réponse.Et sans le compte commerce activé le pixe ne marche pas donc ca ne sert a rien de lancer dans campagnes publicitaires sans pixel... Bref je suis embêté fb.JPG

Postscript
Tourist
5 0 0

I'm in this exact same situation. Any resolution yet? 

JD44
Tourist
3 1 10
Not yet. I have contacted the support who have now passed my issue onto the
tech team

"Anyway I do inform you that I have proceeded to share your case with our
*technical / internal / specialized * team. As soon as I have an update, I
will get back to you."

I'll update if/when they come back to me
badgerlabel
Tourist
4 0 6

My Commerce manager & shop are approved! 

After 4 month waiting!!

Here is what I did : 

- Make sure everything is connected ( domain, email, pixel,..)

- Contact the support for SHOP 

- I said that all my products comply with the policy

I contacted by email and not by chat ( never worked for me trough the chat)

And 3 days later my shop was approved! 

Good luck to all for this I know how frustrating it can be! 

Capture d’écran 2021-03-12 à 10.41.55.pngCapture d’écran 2021-03-12 à 10.41.21.png

andreana
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem.
First I have an old Facebook page almost 20000 followers and a real shop.
I set up my shop in Facebook befor starting my Sopify shop and I have choosed checkout through message.

My commerce accont was approved and a monts later whem my shopify site was ready I just linked to Facebook whitout any problems.

Then I noticed that I can't change checkout from messege to be on my site so I have contacted suport.

They said this can be done only for a new shop. I deleted my shop and start again but this time I linked the shop to Shopify from the begining.

Everithing is the same as before but my commerce account was not approved.

I request second review but stll noting.

How long does the second review take?

I contacted the suport for shops again and they did not responde.

JD44
Tourist
3 1 10

This is an accepted solution.

Update my end - Commerce Account now approved. 

So I didn't have to do much other than contact them and explain that I had thoroughly reviewed the commerce terms and was confident my account didn't breach any and that many other users seem to have the same issue. I also attached screenshots of the various screens showing the account not approved.

Here is the link the support team gave me to use to specifically contact the commerce team: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/onboarding/support/?ref=cm_onsite_onboarding_channel_selec...

When you click through to the link it'll ask you to select the page you need support with. Under Topic I selected 'Account Setup' and then 'Getting approval for Instagram Shopping'. I think you can select other categories and get the same outcome though so have a look through them.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 20.09.18.png

My advice would be to message facebook directly using the above link if you haven't already. Be detailed, and demonstrate confidence that you meeting the commerce account criteria.
Caitiest
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked for us!

I had a client stuck in the same loop as everyone else: automated denials, no explanation, vague customer service. She was stuck in limbo for a month.

We followed JD44's directions and she got approved in 3 days. 

Thank you JD44!

Postscript
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi JD44, When i followed the link as yo8u suggested, I got a VERY long email back from Facebook Marketplace saying that I had to go through 6 steps to confirm on my end that my account is eligible, i have no disabled ad accounts, your FB and IG accounts must look trustworthy, etc.  Did you also get this email? It's very long and convoluted and doesn't really propose options for a way forward. 

Curious to know if you got this email as well, and if so, how you replied to it. 

Pam

aa1994
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi postscript! 

I recently had my commerce account approved too following JD44’s advice and I cannot even count the amount of times they told me to do that. its highly likely that they they don’t know what they are doing thats why they respond back with a generic message. Every time I got that message I started over with another representative. 

my advise would be that you keep trying again and again, give it a few weeks gap in between with a different representatives through an email option and state in your email how you have carefully gone through each and every point making sure they are all ticked ( just make sure you have actually gone through them and have them completed ). 

The reason email option is better is that with chat, they will ask you for a bunch of screenshots only to do nothing for you in the end. Frustrating right? 

anyways, wishing you all luck with your attempts, keep trying and you’ll end up in good hands one day! 

lamos1
Visitor
2 0 0

That's the message I got when speaking with someone through chat. That my page has to look trustworthy and I need a more established audience. I only have 4 page likes and I don't want to market to family and friends, because I post on my personal page as well, they see it and none of them except for my brother and his girlfriend, liked my page.

aa1994
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi  lamos1

you will actually need to get 100+ followers in order for them to see you as trustworthy.
Try Facebook ads promoting your page if you haven’t already?  

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

I don't like that you have to pay to boost for anything. this is sad that we have to go through this in order to get business. FB is overrated and it sucks that as a Shopify owner I cant even set up my account. 

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

It is true that you have to pay to boost but occasionally it works at least for people to get to know you. 

my store was set up but isn’t now. I’m not sure this is where an artist should be. 

to see my store https://leapforartnc.com. Tell me your store and I’ll go there. 

Tommy

lamos1
Visitor
2 0 0

OK, thanks for the comment. I'll run a few ads and see what it does.

Susanitashop
Visitor
1 0 1

What your problem fixed? I am getting this message and I cannot connect my facebook page to my shopify store neither I can add the store to instagram. I sent the email you advice hopefully thye response.

How did they respond to you? how fast? Did they just fixed it or guide you to fix it yourself? 

Account reviewed
Close

After a requested review of this commerce account, we confirmed that it doesn't comply with our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customers.