Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Solved
Irreversivel
2 0 6

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Replies 279 (279)
Aloha7
Tourist
7 0 1
Yes, you should be able to use Facebook ad. They want you to spend money .
When you get enough likes and followers they will approve Facebook and
Instagram shop. But I do not know what the specific number of them is
needed to be qualified.
Chefallen
5 0 0

Okay awesome i meet with a marketing manager monday. hopefully they can help . I had half my items reversed but still some of the same exact items still rejected lol .  I went ahead and deactivated the items that where rejected maybe that will help. Thank you for your help

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

Yes. I paid for ads for almost a year before I was approved. Tommy B. McDonell, Leap4artnc LLC

Aloha7
Tourist
7 0 1
One year?!! Would you tell me more details ? Like how many followers or
likes did you get to be approved? FB people gave you specific numbers?

Thanks
Chefallen
5 0 0

Do you know if I simply delete my items from my catalog will  that get my commerce account approved. I have plenty of other products.

Aloha7
Tourist
7 0 1
Why don’t you try? It might work. Did they give you specific reasons? In my
case, they just gave a general reason saying I have to meet FD
requirements…There are so many of them. After I sent 10 emails then one
guy was nice enough to tell me the reasons. Did you know the fact if your
page was created within 30 days, they wouldn’t approve your page.

I know that is FB rules but Shopify people should know but they never said
that. Start Shopify and link it to FB or Instagram. Sounded so easy but it
is not that simple…..

Good luck,man

Madison444
Tourist
3 0 1

hello …how’re you doing 

Chefallen
5 0 0

I deleted the items they said that will help. I know what the issue is now its a brand new page. I have another business page I had for years that is good to use I believe. I'm not using it . I'm thinking of just taking it and changing the name and use that page instead. Hopefully I can remove that other page on shopify side and just start over. I messed up and already asked for another review. Is that only one review rule set in stone? im not stressing pinterest approved me for a shop and is running fine. Also gave $100 in free ad credits lol. Thanks for your help

Aloha7
Tourist
7 0 1
That is good. At least you have another page. I am not quite sure if you
can change page name once it created. But you can try. I have been a little
over 2 months since I joined Shopify but 14 days trial is too short for me.
Now I know how FB ad works and all requirements.

I am about to try Pinterest. When the company got so big, they try to
control people. That is crazy.