Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Solved
Irreversivel
2 0 6

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Replies 279 (279)
JAAS666
Excursionist
12 0 8

Eventually someone will answer... It's either someone following a script to the T or a bot.

Either way you won't get any help after asked to check a bunch of things that I'm sure your already checked.

They'll say they have to transfer your case to a "higher tier" and you'll never hear back from them again.

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

Hello

I am currently dealing with an issue with Facebook Shop not being approved/published.  I am having such difficulty.  Shopify doesn't have answers.  I found a way to talk to a human!!! The result is in my case is that I do not have a strong enough Social Media Presence because my F Instagram acct is too new and doesn't have enough activity to look like a legit entity.  It's complete BS because I have a FB Page as well as a website...which should totally be enough.  But this could also be causing your issue.  In my opinion, anyone trying to open a FB shop should not link any social media to it at all unless you have an already established following.  At least, that's what my take is on it.  I found a link  online (after months of trying) that will allow you to contact FB Help.  I also only found another way.  If you go into Facebook Commerce Account settings, under general settings, and click deactivate commerce account, a contact help link will appear!!!! Amazing that it takes wiping your account before it offers you help.

Hope this is helpful!!!

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

Hey,

I did actually get help!!!  I was able to contact a real live person...I was able to choose between email help or chat. I chose email.  This link will get you one on one help through FB. 

Good Luck!!!

JAAS666
Excursionist
12 0 8
That will get you to a dead end whwre they'll tell you "your problem is
unique and needs to be handled by higher tier support" and you'll never be
contacted again.

But hope I'm wrong. Good luck
Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

Trust me...it works!!! It does in fact take you to actual people.  I am currently dealing with 2 representatives and their response time was within 2 hours.  I have never received that generic reply of "your reply is unique...."

It is definitely not an auto reply or a generic answer.  They answered in great detail all of my issues.  I originally didn't think they replied because it went to my junk folder.  I only found out that they were replying because I went back and put in a 2nd request for help and chose a different email, which didn't go to junk.  That rep informed me the cases number for my original request and now I am dealing with a representative who is actually trying to help me solve the issues.

There is help!!! It's just so shocking how hard it was to find it and how little help there is to find it!!!  

Bookmark this link!!!  In case you ever need it!!!  The other way I was able to reach help was through Facebooks Commerce Account Settings.  I selected General and then hit EDIT, and clicked on Deactivate Commerce Account, and then in that little pop up window, it has a link to contact Support.

Good Luck!!!

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

Well you are one of the lucky ones. I have been round and round in circles with them. I kept getting a different person dealing with my issue each time they sent me an email. Most of the questions I had they couldn't or wouldn't answer. I even went through the eligibility criteria and showed them that every single one I complied with. They said I had to "demonstrate trustworthiness", I told them they needed to practice what they preached then as they haven't demonstrated trustworthiness to me as they approved me for Instagram Shopping, I opened a shop on there, then they rejected me for Facebook Shopping so they took my Instagram shop down too. It still states in my Commerce Account that I have been approved for Instagram Shopping then further down on the same page it says "Your shop can't be published". That's like having a sign that says "Touch, don't touch". It makes no sense. I still get emails saying I can tag products and my shop is now optimized, yet I can't open a shop. Now if I was approved for Instagram shopping then surely I have passed their eligibility criteria, otherwise they would have rejected that also.

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

100% understand your frustration.  I actually am still having trouble...I didn't say they will fix,,,,just that for almost 3 months of dealing with this issue, I finally found a way to contact someone, doesn't mean i'll get an answer!!!

I'm about ready to just give up on having a "shop" on Facebook completely and just keep selling through Markeplace and through my page and direct traffic to the website hopefully.
FB has some serious bugs with this program.    If you every get your issues solved...reply here so you can tell me!

Thanks!   

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

Ok so I emailed them again and this is the same cut and paste generic response I expected from them. He clearly didn't read my email as I have been approved for Instagram shopping, I got rejected for Facebook Shopping though.  He also states that he could see my Instagram shop was rejected, which says to me that he needs to go and see an optician.

Never mind though, at least Gabriel is optimistic!

He could have just replied with "I don't know" and that would have given as much clarity.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Commerce Facebook Concierge Support. My name is Gabriel and I will be helping you with your query today!

We understand how important it is for you to have your Business going on and use our platform in the best way possible.

From what I gathered you are not being able to connect your Instagram account, right?

As you showed in the images given, I could see that your Instagram shop was rejected due to Commerce Policies. I took the liberty to give a look at your Instagram account, as a piece of advice, I would encourage you to, and for a higher chance of approval, increase interaction with followers and in the comment section in order to increase trustworthiness.

Here is a link with more information about our Commerce policies: https://help.instagram.com/1627591223954487.

I am optimistic that the steps above will guide you in facing your situation.

Although this is not the outcome that you expected, yet I am glad we could provide you with some more clarity on the matter and improving points. Your feedback will allow us to continue to improve in the future. Please, let me know if you have any other situations to resolve. Feel free to contact us at Commerce Facebook Concierge Support if you need additional support on this recent query and we'll be happy to reopen the case for you.

We always want to know how we can improve and we welcome your comments. The best way to do this is by filling out the following form, which will ensure that your feedback reaches the team behind the development of our platforms: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/268228883256323?ref=cr

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

Nuts!!

Okay, so my answer is similar but with mine, they definitely go into detail and offer suggestions....and they invited me to leave my phone contact information to that we can discuss over phone conversation.

Crazy how different the Customer Care is.   Crazy that this is even a problem  Hate FB! eek!!! 

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

They are a nightmare to deal with. I was told to get more followers and request a review when I first contacted them in March. So I did that and was rejected again. Then after they had rejected me they told me that I was only entitled to one review because of "bandwidth". My argument with them is that if people are only entitled to one review then why wasn't I informed of this until after I had submitted the account for review? And we have to "demonstrate trustworthiness" to them?? They are so underhand it's unbelievable.  Thing is small businesses rely on the power of social media and because Facebook own both Instagram and Facebook which are the two big ones, as much as I want to close my account down and tell them where to go I can't. So they've got you over a barrel