FB Pixel + Shopify Problem with ViewContent Pixel

SpecialK
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

I am having a problem using the Facebook Pixel together with Shopify, and I hope you can help!
I believe the problem I am having is Shopify-related / Theme-related. When I use the Facebook Standard Events... PageView, AddtoCart, and Purchase work just fine (All I did to install the FB Pixel was add the Pixel code in Shopify Settings).

HOWEVER, the ViewContent event does not fire the pixel (when viewing a product page). BUT, when I refresh the product page, THEN the pixel fires. This happens every time.

I am using the Google Chrome Pixel Helper extension to test this.

So far, I have contacted Shopify Support, it was escalated "to a team", and they came back saying it's Theme-related. I have also spoken with Facebook on the phone, and they also told me it's Shopify/Theme-related. I contacted the developers of the Theme and they are telling me it's SHOPIFY-related, not due to the theme.. So I am running in circles over the past week or so :( Please help!

Thank you very much for your help :)

0 Likes
Kriz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
38 1 11

Hi there,

I'm Kris, a Shopify guru here to assist. :)

A simple way to determine if an issue is relating specifically to a theme's coding (or not) is to mimic the action that is causing you trouble on a brand new theme file. You can visit the Theme Store and install one of our free themes by Shopify for this.

If you are not able to replicate the same problem upon previewing the fresh theme with the pixel extension, it would indicate that the original theme's files are indeed at play. This can definitely be a clarifying factor! 

Please feel free to give this a try and let me know your results by replying to this post. I would also like to know, who developed the theme you're using and where was it purchased? They're likely your best strategy for pinpointing a solution if the problem does turn out to be theme-related as suspected. 

Best,
Kris 

0 Likes
SpecialK
2 0 0

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your message! This is the Ella Theme made by Halo Themes, purchased from ThemeForest.

I published a free Shopify theme to test this, and everything works fine - So it is definitely theme-related.

It looks like the theme developers don't know how to fix this problem (which I imagine should be a simple fix..). After going back and forth, their response was "We don't support for facebook pixel, could you please try to contact to Shopify again for more support?"

When I add the ViewContent code manually to product.liquid, the pixel seems to work, but then it breaks the variant selection feature of the website. It doesn't make sense that I would even have to add the code since Shopify is supposed to be integrated with FB Pixel. So something inside of the theme is breaking this feature...

I am stuck here and I really do need this to get this to work. Do you have any suggestions of what to do next?

Thank you :)

0 Likes
Erik4
1 0 1

Hello SpecialK! Have you please solved this? I am dealing with this on two different sites at this moment and I hope to shortcut the Shopify/Template maker/FB circle.

I would be very glad for some info.

Thanks, Erik

Daniel-S
3 0 0

Any solution for this? as we are dealing with the exact same issue.

0 Likes