Google Publishing Error - Wanting GTIN or MPN for products marked as custom

Kevin3185
Tourist
4 0 4

Ive spent literally weeks adding a complete catalogue to shopify and have carefully marked products as custom (yes ive gone through and checked the boxes) however every time i come back to the website to do some more i find a ton of products with an error message saying i need to add a GTIN / MPN.

ive been clicking on the individual products and then unchecking and rechecking the custom product box and that fixes it for a little while and then boom, errors all over again.

This morning it was nearly 800 products. No way can i go into all those and individually uncheck, save, recheck and save again.

Whats causing this mess and how do i stop it, failng that is there someway of marking bulk products as custom so i dont have to resave all the individuals.

Replies 20 (20)

cw-moss
Tourist
7 0 4
I am having the exact same issue. Have literally spent HOURS!! Not recognizing custom item. Please help!!
Cile
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same issue regarding Google Publishing Error.  I have tried for weeks to sort this out.  I am becoming quite frustrated with this as I have spent valuable hours to no avail.  I can't afford to hire a Shopify expert especially after paying subscription fees.  The bulk section is very time consuming as well and there is only minimal capacity for changes.  VERY FRUSTRATED!

cw-moss
Tourist
7 0 4

Did you ever find a solution? I have tried all I can think of.

Kevin3185
Tourist
4 0 4
Nope. Still doesn’t work, I’ve tried everything I’ve been recommended but still won’t work
cw-moss
Tourist
7 0 4

It's interesting that when you view the product listing on Shopify it show that is not published on the Google App, but when I look within the Google App it shows that it is published.

Bat_Fit_Crazy
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone ever get a fix? I have 719 now and almost a quarter of my sales came from Google

Kevin3185
Tourist
4 0 4
Nope. I tried making up a number and it still won’t publish to Google. Shopify say it’s a Google problem, Google say it’s a Shopify problem, nobody is interested in fixing it sadly
Owf
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone managed to sort this out?

it’s now happened to me even though I’ve had these products up for months. Quite worried about how this is affecting my store. Any guidance would be appreciated 

kev911
Excursionist
16 0 7

same problem here too. not sure what is wrong.

hannabanana
Visitor
1 0 0

Same thing is happening to me currently. So frustrating! A fix would be great...

jec17
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm having the same problem too 😞

TimShif
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also having this problem on my store, but entering the data over and over and over again doesn't seem to fix. Shopify please help!!

jec17
Visitor
2 0 1
I still have not been able to solve this issue.... 😞

Google says it's an issue with Shopify, but Shopify says no, it's a Google
issue..... ???
annamaria
Tourist
5 0 0

happening to me too..... anyone please can help me????? its now 6 months straight and we cannot resolve it!!!! shall i speak to shopify????

CEC1
Visitor
1 0 0

same issue here - any help would be appreciated!

TheRealBriD
Visitor
1 0 1

I had the same problem, but when I went to my Google Ads account and looked at my ads and looked at products all my products were there.  So check on your google ads products and not just shopify.  

LOK
Visitor
1 0 0

I dont know if this will help, but I had the same problem. It tuned out that I hadn't completed the verification process on my channel. When I completed that all my products loaded.

tedsu
Visitor
1 0 3

I am having the same issue here, just cannot believe no one care to fix the problem from both sides!

MannyTheGerman
Visitor
1 0 2
FarawayFinds
Visitor
1 0 0

Thx, very helpful, hopefully will solve the issue.