GST Tax charge inclusive Australia setup - for some it charges others it is included. Help please

Andrina
Visitor
3 0 0

I have my website setup for Australia to collect GST and be included in the price. https://www.livingillumination.com/
Some customers are being charged some times and then not at other times, one just got the charge of the extra 10% gst when she selected quick checkout, so she didn't proceed and went to regular checkout and it didn't add the gst 10% it but included it like it was supposed to. Please help. I really don't know what else I can do. 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.46.56 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.47.26 am.pngIMG_8116.jpgScreen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.57.46 am.png

Replies 5 (5)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Andrina,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing those screenshots with me here. Can you tell me the general locations of the customers who did have taxes added at checkout, and those who did not? Are they all based in Australia? Can you also tell me if you have your prices set to have taxes included in your tax settings?

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Andrina
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Victor, thanks for replying. Most of my customers are Australian, the few US customers we had worked fine, no tax issues. The customers who have experienced the charges are based in Australia (Sydney, Sunshine Coast and Melbourne). I have setup the taxes section, as per the last screenshot to be included in the price, yes. When I first set it up I selected add on the taxes then realised and changed it back, that was months ago. 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Andrina,

Okay, I see. Now that you have the option to include taxes in your prices enabled, your Australian customers should then just see the listed prices as opposed to having the tax added on to their total at checkout. This is something you could test by adding products to your cart, proceeding to checkout, and entering in some Australian addresses to check and see if prices are displaying as you expect. If this is not working as desired, please let me know.

Andrina
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Victor, It doesn't happen to me, I have an account and tested it several times. It is happening randomly to my customers, and not every time either, I have had contact from at least 5 of them. One specified it only happened with the quick cart option, all the others didn't use the website but Direct debited and I had to manually process the orders due to the tax charges being added. Please let me know if you have any other solutions. Could it be they need to clear cache from when I did have it set to sales tax added on for that one day? Even though only 1 of them tried to purchase on that day? Thanks

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Andrina,

Right, I see. It's hard to diagnose this issue as it seems like you have your tax settings configured correctly, and I think we'd need to take a closer look at your settings and the orders you've mentioned to figure out what is happening here. I am not able to authenticate you via the Shopify Community and can therefore not look at your store's settings myself, so I would recommend contacting our support team directly so you can be put in touch with someone who can. A member of our team will be able to take a closer look at things for you and hopefully help diagnose and solve the issue so you do not experience it again moving forward.