Has anyone experienced sudden account termination on Shopify?

CVWIF
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello Fam ~ I just want to know if anyone of you here has experienced what I am going through right now with Shopify. I am a new store owner, and I launched my store recently. Three days after launching my store, Shopify terminated my account without sending me any prior notice, and I don't know what I really did wrong. I have been trying to resolve this issue, and I have been talking to more than seven support advisors, and they keep telling me the business operational team will contact me. For more than 6 days now, nobody from Shopify has contacted me about why my store was terminated. I am really going through a lot right now. Has anyone experienced anything like this before, and how was it solved since I am trying everything possible to solve this issue and get my store back to life? I have spent so much money, time, effort, and resources building this store, and Shopify terminated my account for no reason.

Replies 7 (7)

Leysam
Shopify Partner
126 15 47

@CVWIF This has been happening lately and Shopify support needs to be more useful. I will try to report this to a moderator since this has been the 5th time I read this kind of issue. 

Leysam | The Shopify Guy  

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Email me at leysam@grindot.studio
- Check our work and services at grindot.studio
CVWIF
Tourist
5 0 3

This is very frustrating, and you can imagine what I have been going through throughout the week. Tomorrow is exactly one week since Shopify terminated my account without giving me any reason. I will appreciate it if you channel it to the right channel because, for almost one week, all the effort to resolve my issue through the support advisors was to no avail. I am the store owner, and if there's anything you would like me to address, you need to reach out to me first before any action can be taken. How can Shopify terminate my account without trying to reach the store owner? I think Shopify is trying to collapse my small business and my brand. At least let me know what the problem is and what you guys are trying to solve concerning my account. Doing anything without involving the store owner is very unprofessional of them.

Leysam
Shopify Partner
126 15 47

@CVWIF I've forwarded this post to one of the moderators 🙂
In the meantime have you tried doing the following steps to contact Shopify Support?

How to contact Shopify Support:

• Head to the Shopify Help Center 
  • On the right-hand side, please type your question to the Help Center Assistant.
  • Once the Help Center Assistant has replied, you should see the option in the chat box to click I still need help.
  • After clicking I still need help, please click Connect with a Support Advisor.

Leysam | The Shopify Guy  

- Email me at leysam@grindot.studio
- Check our work and services at grindot.studio
CVWIF
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks for your concern and your willingness to help. Like I mentioned earlier, I have been chatting with more than seven support advisors, and they all keep telling me the same thing. They keep telling me they have limited information about why my account was terminated and the Business Operational team will reach out to me, and for six days now, nobody from the Shopify team has reached out to me to let me know why my account was terminated and how we can resolve it. I don't really know what is going on right now.

CVWIF
Tourist
5 0 3

Leysam,

Hello this is Cynthia and I am Enoch's wife of City Vibe Walk In Faith. I have done all of the above, and we are now at 10 days shut down and still no response from the Business Operational Team. I have even offered to send them a copy of my DBA for the business, showing that CVWIF is licensed in the county I live in in the United States. I also offered to send them a copy of my Juris Doctor of Law Degree showing them that I am a law school grad who must follow legal policy and procedure, so that if they just INFORM us of the problem, we will happily correct it. We still have been unable to get a response from them. I was told that we would receive an email response and we have received nothing. We have no idea what else to do.

Joy89
Visitor
1 0 0

I've been experiencing a similar situation with my store. After reaching out to support, I was informed that my issue had been escalated to the Business Operations team. Just like you, on February 14, 2024, I received an email from legal@shopify.com requesting various proofs and information. I promptly replied on February 15, 2024, providing all the necessary documents, but unfortunately, I haven't heard back from them since then. It's frustrating to encounter such delays without any updates or resolutions.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi, @CVWIF!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and sharing your concern.

I understand that your account has been under review for quite some time now, and I can see how this situation is less than ideal when running a business. Unfortunately, we are unable to access any account-specific information here via the Shopify Community Forums. You mentioned that you reached out to support on numerous occasions and they have indicated that the account is still under review. Our Advisors are unable to view any additional details regarding your case as that is being handled by a different team who cannot be reached through live channels. Rest assured, your ticket is being worked on.

Have you received any emails or correspondence explaining why your account has been placed under review? If you haven't already, you can try replying directly to that email to get in touch with the appropriate team. From there, they may be able to share some guidance or next steps regarding your concern. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this process.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog