HELP - Can't remove recipients from Order Notification emails

MendOnTheMove
1 0 0

I can add new recipients and send a test email, but it won't let me remove recipients from getting the notification emails. We have a new employee in charge of all the orders now and don't want the two old emails getting notifications anymore.

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
268 46 52

Hi, @MendOnTheMove

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Sorry to hear you've been having troubles deleting staff notifications. Are you the account owner? You will not be able to adjust notification settings unless you have the Orders permission added to your account. There is more about staff permissions in our Help Center. 

If this is not the issue, I'll explain the steps here for you including a screenshot below:

1. Login to your Shopify Admin.
  2. Head to Settings > Notifications.
  3. Scroll down to the Staff Order Notifications section.
  4. Either:
    Click Disable to stop sending notifications, but keep the staff member on the list, or
    Click the Trash Icon to stop sending notifications, and remove staff member from the list. 
    Note: You may need to use the bottom scroll bar to find the Disable button and Trash Icon. 

Here is a screenshot:

28-42-67096-46703

If you are still having issues, please confirm the staff permissions that are set on your account. Then, let me know where you are getting stuck so we can continue to troubleshoot. Furthermore, please let me know the device you are using to remove the staff notifications. Thanks!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Roy-McFarland
1 0 0

Hi Hillary!

I am trying to remove somebody's phone from receiving notifications. It's happened about 5 times now where I toggle to the staff member and click the trash button to delete the notification. She stops receiving the notifications for about a day, sometimes less, but then she automatically reappears on the notification list and starts receiving the notifications again. Any idea why this is happening? It has happened multiple times and with multiple different staff members

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
268 46 52

Hi, @Roy-McFarland

Thanks for joining the thread, and welcome to the Shopify Community. Hm, that is strange! If your staff are receiving notifications on their phone, they must be using the Shopify App, is that correct? 

Let's make sure they've toggled off push notifications on their phone as well. Here are the steps: 

1. Have the staff member log into the Shopify app from their mobile device

2. Tap Store, and then tap Settings.

3. Under App settings, tap Notifications.

4. Under Orders, tap the Push notifications toggle button to disable the option. The toggle will be grey when off. 

Then, ensure that you've removed them from the staff notifications section as described in my post above. Further, are you using any apps that could be sending notifications?

If, after all this, the staff is still reappearing in the list, and receiving notifications, my next recommendation would be to reach out to our Support team directly. We'll need to look at your account specifically to further troubleshoot, and we are not able to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time. However, our team will be happy to look into this with you via live chat, callback request or email. 

Let me know how this goes, and if you have any further questions! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes