Solved

How can I access the domain provider I used for my Shopify purchase?

Ashciel
Tourist
7 0 0

How can i visit my domain provider? I bought it from shopify.

Accepted Solution (1)

ThomKnepper
Shopify Partner
182 29 68

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,

When you have bought your domain from Shopify, the admin is the only way you can manage your domain. You should be able to make some basic settings. If you want more control over your domain and DNS settings, I would recommend you to "transfer" your domain to a different domain provider like namecheap or cloudflare. And then connect it as third party domain to your shopify store. If you do this well you can transfer your domain without going offline.

Please let me know if you need some help with this!

Best wishes,
Thom Knepper - Athom.Agency
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Awesome! Please Mark it as an Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ThomKnepper
Shopify Partner
182 29 68

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,

When you have bought your domain from Shopify, the admin is the only way you can manage your domain. You should be able to make some basic settings. If you want more control over your domain and DNS settings, I would recommend you to "transfer" your domain to a different domain provider like namecheap or cloudflare. And then connect it as third party domain to your shopify store. If you do this well you can transfer your domain without going offline.

Please let me know if you need some help with this!

Best wishes,
Thom Knepper - Athom.Agency
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Awesome! Please Mark it as an Accepted Solution
softbabelagos
Visitor
1 0 0

I bought a domain from shopify but after sometime when my plan has expired , i want to manage my domain and transfer it to namecheap but i dont have option to manage my domain from the dashboard. 

1. What could be wrong ?

2. Must I have an active hosting plan before I can manage my domain?

3. Is there alternative way i can have access to my domain ?