Solved

How can I add an email to an account and send order confirmation?

gruff
Tourist
27 0 2

Not sure if anyone has had this scenario out theere however...got a customer who signed up with their phone number and so the order doesn't have an email address associated with it. They have asked for an order confirmation via email.

How do you:

- Add an email address to their account

- Generate an order confirmation to the email address

Accepted Solution (1)

jthk116
Shopify Partner
38 3 7

This is an accepted solution.

Yea if the customer ordered without inputting email first then the confirmation email wouldn't have been generated. There's a method to resend a previously generated confirmation but sounds like that's not what happened here

Reference just in case: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/manage-orders/managing-orders#resend-an-email-about-an-ord...

I would suggest going to the customer profile and finding the invoice for the order from the admin and manually emailing the customer the invoice details. These kinds of situations do occur and a customer support email should satisfy the customer.

Please like and accept solution if I was helpful, thanks!

Jay K.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

jthk116
Shopify Partner
38 3 7

This is an accepted solution.

Yea if the customer ordered without inputting email first then the confirmation email wouldn't have been generated. There's a method to resend a previously generated confirmation but sounds like that's not what happened here

Reference just in case: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/manage-orders/managing-orders#resend-an-email-about-an-ord...

I would suggest going to the customer profile and finding the invoice for the order from the admin and manually emailing the customer the invoice details. These kinds of situations do occur and a customer support email should satisfy the customer.

Please like and accept solution if I was helpful, thanks!

Jay K.
gruff
Tourist
27 0 2

Tried looking and couldn't see anything other than what you suggested. Frustrating that you can't generate an order confirmation through any contact channel. C'est la vie.