Solved

How can I cancel and get a refund for my unused subscription?

Dripelite
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to cancel my shopify subscription yesterday i got billed for the basic early plan as i am not active right now and not working on my store i want to cancel the subscription and want to get a refund as i didnt aware that i had automatic pay on.

Accepted Solution (1)
Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Dripelite

When you pause your store, your shop will be paused immediately with prorated credit for the remaining time of your annual subscription. The credit will be issued automatically and future subscription charges will be automatically paid until the credit has been fully used. When you're ready to re-activate your account, a new annual cycle will begin the day the account is reactivated. Any remaining credits would be used towards the charge to start your new annual cycle. If you're still interested in pausing your store you can do this by going to Settings > Plan > Deactivate Store > Pause and Build in your Shopify admin. The steps are also explained on this page.

Happy to help if you have more questions! 

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi, @Dripelite. Do you mind if I ask why you'd like to close your store? If you have any questions about the platform I'd be happy to help!

If you'd still like to close your store, you can cancel your subscription and close your store by following these steps. If you are considering working on your store again in the near future I'd recommend pausing your store instead of closing it. This will allow you to continue working on your store at a reduced cost of $9 USD/month instead of your full subscription cost. You can learn more about pausing your store and the requirements to do so here if you're interested. 

Refunds are against our Terms of Service. We have more information on this explained here. That being said, you can speak with our support team through this page and we can review this with you in more detail. When you visit the page I shared to contact support you'll first need to tell the Help Center assistant your question or problem and it will direct you to the resources or team you need for further help.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 

Dripelite
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Erin,

Thanks for your reply, i want to know if i pause my store as you recommend
and not close my store then whats going to happen with my yearly
subscription ($515) which is already deducted by shopify how can get that
back and change it to $9 pause and build plan.
Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Dripelite

When you pause your store, your shop will be paused immediately with prorated credit for the remaining time of your annual subscription. The credit will be issued automatically and future subscription charges will be automatically paid until the credit has been fully used. When you're ready to re-activate your account, a new annual cycle will begin the day the account is reactivated. Any remaining credits would be used towards the charge to start your new annual cycle. If you're still interested in pausing your store you can do this by going to Settings > Plan > Deactivate Store > Pause and Build in your Shopify admin. The steps are also explained on this page.

Happy to help if you have more questions! 

Erin | Shopify 

Hunter2222
Visitor
1 0 1

I just Deactivated My store. just want to make sure this means that I will no longer be getting charged for anything. 

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi, @Hunter2222

If you've followed these steps to cancel your subscription and deactivate your store, Shopify will no longer charge you for that store. That being said, if you've set up anything for your store that charges you outside of Shopify you'll want to ensure you close those accounts as well to prevent any unwanted charges.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Erin | Shopify 

Tamarjsksk
Visitor
1 0 0

How did u deactivate your store? I have the same problem

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi, @Tamarjsksk.

Are you having trouble closing your store using the steps I shared earlier in this thread? If so, please let me know more about what's happening when you try to close your store by following the steps in this guide. I'd be happy to look into it with you!

Steps to close store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Deactivate store.
  3. If applicable, then review the options to switch to the Pause and build plan, or start a new store.
  4. If you still want to deactivate, then click Deactivate store.
  5. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Deactivate now.

If you have any other questions about your store we can help with before you deactivate, I'm happy to help with that as well!

Erin | Shopify