Solved

How can I change the color of bold text and buttons on my website?

meganmargeson
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm having trouble changing the color of bolded text and buttons on my website.

For clarification: I did not build the site originally, but have been working on it for a few years now. We are rebranding I updated the brand colors for the theme, however, this did not change the color of the bolded text and buttons. 

For example: in theme settings, all the colors are changed and there is nothing yellow. However, while everything else updated to the new brand colors, the buttons and bold text are still displaying yellow. I have checked and there is no css listed for the components. When I try to add css to make the text be one of the brand colors, nothing changes. 

I tried to look through the code, but couldn't see anything that could be causing this, but if anyone has an idea of exactly where I should be looking, I would greatly appreciate the help! 

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 4.02.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-17 at 3.55.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-17 at 3.56.48 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

MichalKopec
Shopify Partner
55 9 8

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Megan, you can definitely see references of the yellow color (#ffad02) in your css files. Here's a screenshot of the base.css file: 

MichalKopec_0-1713402268845.png

A developer with more than 10 years of full stack experience. For work inquiries, please send me a private message.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

MichalKopec
Shopify Partner
55 9 8

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Megan, you can definitely see references of the yellow color (#ffad02) in your css files. Here's a screenshot of the base.css file: 

MichalKopec_0-1713402268845.png

A developer with more than 10 years of full stack experience. For work inquiries, please send me a private message.
meganmargeson
Visitor
2 0 1

I have no idea why that wasn't coming up when I searched it! Found the code for the button color as well! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

MichalKopec
Shopify Partner
55 9 8

You're welcome!