How can I contact support to cancel a paused account?

How can I contact support to cancel a paused account?

immunitycanada
Visitor
2 0 0

I have been trying to cancel a paused shopify account; but when I log in there is no way to do so. In reaching out to the support center, I was informed I couldn't connect to an advisor without a store (despite still being billed for one, it doesn't show up when I log in) so I started a free trial. Now, I'm being given the message "Got it! Click select a store to connect with a Support Advisor." with, again, no way to actually do this. 

How can I connect to a real person to resolve this?

Replies 2 (2)

kserolas
Tourist
37 0 2

When you pause, you still get charged some fees.

You said" when i log in" which indicates that you have access in your shop. Activate the shop and then deactivate and that will close it for ever. When you deactivate you don't get charged anymore. Be aware that you have to uninstall all paid apps you have prior to deactivate your store.

Other options are:

Ask a friend of yours with a shopify store to make the inquiry for you.

Relevant topics at 

community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/how-to-talk-with-a-live-person-from-shopify-for-support-...

If you had shopify plus connect with them at https://www.shopify.com/au/plus/contact?_bt=432364377761&_bk=shopify%20plus&_bm=b&_bn=g&_bg=10464952... 

You can start a chat by selecting the "Chat with an agent" option on the help center. Available 24/7, a representative will be available to assist you in real-time. This option is perfect if you need quick assistance with a specific issue and don't want to wait for a call back. 

Shopify Phone Number

While there isn't a toll-free number to contact Shopify Support, you can request a call back from an agent by selecting the "Request a call" option on the help center. This option is not available 24/7, but you can leave a message and an agent will call you back as soon as possible

immunitycanada
Visitor
2 0 0

When I log in, the paused store doesn't appear at all. I am only prompted to create a store, so I created a free trial store as I was told if I did I could access an agent; but still could not. Thank you for the links, I will try to contact an agent through those.