How can I create a customer mailing list based on product purchases?

How can I create a customer mailing list based on product purchases?

SydneyQ
Visitor
1 0 0

I feel like this should be VERY basic but, for the life of me I can't find anything about it!

I want to create mailing lists for customers based on a product purchased.  Is there a way to select a product and see the customers emails that purchased that product so i can drop it into a spreadsheet and prepare a newsletter email to only those customers.

Replies 5 (5)

AdvancedReports
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hi @SydneyQ ,

Mipler Advanced Reports could be an excellent solution for your needs.

We can create a custom report with data about products and customer details (including email addresses), just contact our support team and we will help you with your request.

Feel free to install the Advanced Custom Reports application and start your free 7-day trial.

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
568 46 95

You can do this directly in Shopify.

1. Just go to the customers page and choose to filter in the area that reads "To create a segment, choose a template or apply a filter.". 
  2. Create a filter to limit based on products purchased.
  3. You can then export the resulting list. Or you can create a segment and then email directly using Shopify Mail.

SupportDC
Shopify Partner
44 2 8

Hi @SydneyQ 

With Our App DataChamp you can easily export data into spreadsheets. At the moment our App doesn't include the filter needed for your case but we can integrate it for you. Just contact us if this is needed. We can also assist you with the set up of the app in general! In addition to our paid plans, we also offer a free plan that allows you to export your data.

Hopefully we could help you with your concern and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
177 6 16

Hi @SydneyQ,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team. I would recommend our app Better Reports for this! 

We have a built-in report Sales by customer report showing lifetime sales by customer with full name and email. This can be filtered by product name to only show customers that ordered specific products. You can export the report directly into Excel to create your mailing lists.

In addition to custom reporting capabilities, Better Reports offers more than 80 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. Our reports can even be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive!

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Milton_james1
11 0 0

Yes, you can make a list of customers who brough a certain product.

You can download the entire customers order list from Shopify and then filter out customers based on a product purchased individually. This list can then be used to send newsletters to customers.

Alternatively,

1. Navigate to the customers page and locate the filter section under "To create a segment, choose a template or apply a filter."
2. Create a filter to narrow down customers based on their product purchases. Use email feature to directly send newsletters to these selected customers.

I tried superU app on Shopify to explore other better ways to target customers based on their product preferences. I can share my experience and discuss with you. Here’s the website link of superU.