How can I delete an old, unused account?

Brandan
Visitor
1 0 0

I just want to delete this account I've not used it for almost 10 years but I've been getting emails of someone trying to access it so I want to delete it but there's no option in the settings so I tried contacting support but to talk to a live agent you need to be paying for shopify for a certain amount of time which is stupid I tried using the trial but that didn't work either why the hell is it so complicated just to delete something please someone put me in contact with a person who works for shopify that can help me 

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1863 254 224

Hi @Brandan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm happy to provide some assistance with your request, to ensure it gets resolved. To confirm I'm fully understanding, are you looking to remove all personal information from Shopify?

If so, this can be completed with an erasure request. To make that request, you can head over to our Privacy Page where you will see the option to Erase Data. This will ensure that moving forward, all personal information is removed from the platform. It's important to note that this request cannot be reversed once completed.

If you have any questions or concerns prior to making this request, please feel free to connect with us directly. As you don't have access to your shop, you will want to follow the steps listed below to connect with us:

• Head over to our Contact Page
  • Enter 'Can't log in' into the chat box.
  • Select the 'I still need help' option
  • Select the 'Account Support' prompt to view our available support options.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concern

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog