How can I get a refund for a subscription I didn't know I was paying for?

Stovecharm
Visitor
2 0 0

I created a Shopify account with the $1 a month. U used it for a day and never went back on the app. I randomly got charged like $370 dollars a year later even though I had deleted the app. I never knew I was being charged. This just happened I need a refund because literally all my money is gone to something I did not know I was paying for.

Replies 2 (2)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1173 129 182

Hi, @Stovecharm!

Thanks for reaching out here, and I would be more than happy to answer your questions!

Just like with any subscription service if you do not cancel the subscription whether you use the app or not, you will continue to be charged for your plan.

To request a refund, you can contact our support team directly and explain your situation by creating a support request. They may be able to assist you with a refund and provide any additional information you may need, however please note as per our Terms of Service, section 5, point 10. Shopify does not offer refunds, so this is not guaranteed.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

You can create a support request at this link here. Please follow the prompts given by the virtual Help Center assistant in order to access our live chat support. Thanks so much! 

Was there any particular reason as to why you did not want to continue with your store?

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

QuickCrate
8 0 0

I created a Shopify account with the ₹23 a month. U used it for a day and never went back on the app. I randomly got charged like ₹2352 rupees a month later even though I had deleted the app. I never knew I was being charged. This just happened I need a refund because literally all my money is gone to something I did not know I was paying for.