How can I get a refund for an unwanted service charge?

TB13
Visitor
2 0 0

I would like to talk to somebody about my credit card being charged $30. I decided I didn’t want to join because they don’t do eBay. How can I get my money back. There’s nobody to call.

Replies 5 (5)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Hey, @TB13! Welcome to Shopify Community!

While the eBay app will no longer be available after December 31, 2022, it's still possible to connect your store to eBay and sync your products there. We have numerous third-party apps on the Shopify App Store that can enable an eBay integration, so you can look at using one of those instead and continue with your store. Here's a list of a few eBay integration apps you can try:

Please feel free to try any of these out and see if you'd like to continue running your store. If you decide to close the store after considering these options, don't hesitate to respond and I'll be happy to share the steps on how to deactivate your account.

If you need a guide on setting up your store, you can refer to the general setup checklist on this page. Do keep me posted!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TB13
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi, I would like my $29 back. What do I do to get my money back?
Thank you
Theresa Brewer
Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Thanks for getting back to me, @TB13!

While Section 5.10 of our Terms of Service states we don't provide refunds, we'd love to look into the possibility of making an exception in your case, since you're not looking to continue running your store. Before we can do so, we need you to cancel your subscription and deactivate your store. Please find the steps on how to do this below.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Deactivate store.
  3. If applicable, review the options to switch to the Pause and build plan, or start a new store.
  4. If you still want to deactivate, then click Deactivate store.
  5. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Deactivate now.

Once your store is deactivated and your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. You may then create a support ticket by visiting https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V to request a refund.

Please note your store's information is guaranteed for 2 years so if you decide to reopen your store, you can simply log into your admin and select a plan to reactivate it.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 

kanekia2
Visitor
1 0 0

i did close my acc and after that they take from me a new sub how i can take it back 

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 224

Hi @kanekia2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'd be happy to provide some assistance with this request, to ensure it gets resolved. To confirm I'm fully understanding, was your shop successfully deactivated? 

If you no longer wish to run your online shop, you can check out our Pausing or Deactivating Your Store document for steps on how to successfully close down your shop. 

Once you've successfully completed this and confirmed that the shop is no longer active, you can connect with us directly to request a refund. This will allow our support team to take a closer look, as we don't have access to any account information through the Community. 

To connect, you can:

- Head over to our Help Center: https://shopify.link/KWb8
- In the virtual chat assistance, type 'I can't log in'
- This will populate a few resources, where after a minute or two you should see the option to select 'I still need help'
- Click 'Account Support'
- Scroll down to see the link to chat in

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify