How can I integrate shopify on my website

Donwapz
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I own a website outside shopify by name donwapz and I want to start dropshipping. In order to reduce stress of managing three websites. I opted for the option of integrating the shop on my old website but I got stuck in my dreams because I dont know how to start. I am stucked here. 

I will be grateful for any suggestions and help.

Replies 15 (15)

Jade
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 97

Hi, there!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

Depending on what you have in mind, there are two options that you can choose from to connect a Shopify store to your website so that you can start dropshipping:

1) You can create products in Shopify and use the Shopify Buy Button to add your products to your current website. For each product or collection, you create a buy button with, a code will be generated that you add to the theme of your website in the area that you would like your products to appear.

When a customer visits your website and sees your products, they can add products to a cart directly on your website. When they're ready to pay for their order, they'll be brought to your Shopify checkout. The customers' order information will appear in your Shopify admin under Orders.

The Shopify Lite Plan is a good option if you're wanting to use the buy button on your already existing website and manage your store information in the Shopify admin. Since the plan doesn't come with a website (because you already have one) it's $9 USD/month.

2) The second option is to create a separate website for your online store with Shopify. Next, create a spot on your website that says something like Store or Shop that links to your Shopify store where you sell your dropshipping items. I took a screenshot below to show you what I mean:

08-48-i3pd9-y3afy

When customers are on your website donwapz.com and click the 'Shop' tab, they'll be brought to your Shopify store where they can select what they want to purchase and go through the Shopify checkout. 

To set this up, you'll need to select the Basic Plan or higher since that includes being able to have a website. We have our full list of plans here. You'll probably want to start on the Basic Plan for $29 USD/month since that is the lowest priced plan that includes being able to have a website, while still having what you need to get started. The higher priced plans are good to keep in mind as your business grows.

What type of products are you wanting to sell in your dropshipping store? Is your dropshipping business going to somehow relate to your current website? I'm interested in hearing more about your idea so we can help you get started.

Looking forward to your reply,

Jade | Social Care

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

dummiy
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to setup an online course via Shopify Lite on my own custom/static website. How can I restrict the course page there? Or could anyone recommend an alternative solution?

kdo720h
Visitor
2 0 3
If I would like to go for option #2, create a spot on your website that says something like Store or Shop that links to your Shopify store where you sell your dropshipping items.

I have a current html site. Which code from Shopify do i need to use in order to add that “shop” tab?
sallymunden
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there somewhere I can compare the functions / benefit differences between integration with a buy button and have a hosted store on Shopify please?

BrendanMiller
Visitor
2 0 0

You can create products in Shopify and use the Shopify Buy Button to add your products to your current website. For each product or collection, you create a buy button with, a code will be generated that you add to the theme of your website in the area that you would like your products to appear. Also, you can use your own domain name with Shopify. If you have an existing domain name, you can connect it to Shopify from your store's admin. If you don't have a domain name yet, you can either buy one through Shopify or a third-party provider. I used Magento for similar purposes and it was a great choice. At https://amasty.com/installation-service.html you can find information about the installation service of this great product.

Shanique1
Visitor
1 0 0

The screenshot you provided below is exactly what I want to do. I have a website and when people click the shop tab on my website I want them to be taken to my shopify store. How do I do that? 

Lifeline
Visitor
3 0 0

Looking for same answer. Is there someone who has done that or can point to a link on how to do this.

Thank you 

TCC1
Tourist
4 0 2

integrating is not the best option its time consuming and you will have to add product in both website and shopify, best is to create subdomain like shop.yoursitename.com from your already existing website provider which is free and then change the domain name in shopify to shop.yoursitename.com

you can google/see some videos how to create subdomain and connect it with shopify its super easy and best way to remove myshopify from your shop URL.

TCC1
Tourist
4 0 2

create a shop tab in your already existing website and copy the link from shopify store page and paste there to direct it to shopify store

abigailbrown
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify Buy Button lets you easily add ecommerce to any website by embedding a single buy button or collection of products that's connected with Shopify's checkout. Instead of figuring this out yourself or depending upon a company who may not have that much great experience, outsource to https://www.alakmalak.com/?UTM-suzan-may/ team can help you get what you want in a quick turn around time.

BMG_thelabel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

My website is Business Basic which does not support "sell on marketplaces". Would I still be able to use Shopify buy button or Shopify lite plan ?

Thanks

Bruno

theclaycompany
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Does connecting my existing website/domain to the shopify will erase my old website data.

Donwapz
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Thanks for your kind reply. I will go through it and do just that. 

Prodigy-Cheer
Visitor
1 0 0

that is a decent option, but its not really what many of us are looking for. We dont want to send clients to another outside site. why cant shopify allow our full stores to be embedded in our own sites via HTML embed code or an Iframe?  Other ecomm systems can do this.

WillBWS
Tourist
7 0 3

I am also looking at this option.

Please advise