How can I prevent individual purchases of upsell items in my online store?

orange1989
Shopify Partner
62 0 7

We have upsell items for all of the products in our storefront. The problem is, these upsells are being bought individually by customers. They search for the upsells on the website then adds them to cart as is. 

How do we prevent this from happening? We have a custom theme we bought way back so all these are in there. We are not using any upsell apps.

Appreciate all help!

Replies 4 (4)

Sweet_Savior_3
Shopify Partner
1040 82 93

Hello @orange1989 

Can you please specify how upsell products are setup for each product? Using meta fields, or any other logic?

Thanks

Don't forget to like and accept the solution to help others store owners.
Looking for an expert for your store ? Hire Me
Have any queries ? Send Here
From Less To Further !!!
orange1989
Shopify Partner
62 0 7

Hi, 

There is a block in the theme for product upsells and once you added it, there's an option to choose what collection goes to be sold as upsells.

orange1989_0-1707396585583.png

orange1989_1-1707396618352.png

Sweet_Savior_3
Shopify Partner
1040 82 93

Hello 

Thanks for the screenshot. So in short youd on't customers to purchase the upsell products when they are searched right ?

Don't forget to like and accept the solution to help others store owners.
Looking for an expert for your store ? Hire Me
Have any queries ? Send Here
From Less To Further !!!

StilyoApps
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

One thing you can do is just display these upsells as post-purchase upsells with apps like ReConvert, you can offer the upsell products post-purchase without showing them in your store and only if they bought other products first. It also works with any theme, even custom ones since it's only working on the Shopify checkout.

This should easily solve your problem 🙂