How can I reach a real person at Shopify for support?

mct1979
Tourist
5 0 1

Does anybody know how to actually speak to a person? I am trying to reactivate my frozen store but it won’t let me log in to pay my bill. I really need to speak to someone but every number I find isn’t working. 

Replies 15 (15)

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

partners have call and email and chat support but I don't know exactly if merchants do also have phone support available!

@mct1979 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website
mct1979
Tourist
5 0 1

I just need to speak to a human & it doesn’t give me that option anymore. It used to before my store was frozen & I am so frustrated.

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

if you can login to your admin then you can simply pay the bill for shopify plan you want then you can have support access easily because they need to verify via pin from shopify store login so I don't think so there is a way of speaking to then but if you have any questions regarding unfreezing store then please ask 

if its freeze you can reactivate it by choosing a new plan

@mct1979 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website

Greta
Shopify Staff
1106 118 141

Hi there, @mct1979!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your store, but I can definitely provide you with some more information here. We're available 24/7 and can help you via live chat, email, and callback. When it comes to reaching out to our live Support line, I'll provide some steps here to make it easier.

1. Head over to this link: Contact Shopify Support · Shopify Help Center
  2. Log in (recommended) or Continue without logging in
  3. Use the Search Bar to look into your current issue, such as "Issue with billing" or "Request callback"
  4. Scroll down to where it says Get support and click Continue
  5. Choose one of the available support options

Once you're connected to a Support Advisor, you can explain your issue and they will look into your account and see what actions need to be taken.

I do also recommend reading over this help document regarding how to reactivate a frozen store, and trying the steps outlined.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have further questions!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Db577
Visitor
1 0 0

Site is so confusing. I need to speak to someone and everything that is said to do does not work

Greta
Shopify Staff
1106 118 141

Hi there, @Db577!

I'm sorry to hear you've having a hard time contacting our support team. Can you tell me more about what doesn't work when you try and access our Help Center? I'm happy to assist you further!

Greta | Shopify 

HGGaming
Visitor
1 0 1

No, this is not helpful at all. All of your live chat options are AI driven now and they do not listen to instructions at all. Pleas provide a link to LIVE CHAT. Your help center does not list anything. Please post the link on here so the entire community has access without having go through your confusing AI bots. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1106 118 141

Hi, @HGGaming!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. The new help center chat assistant was created to help merchants find resources and answers to common questions more easily. You can still be connected with our live support team using the new Help Center. Simply enter in details about your question or concern to the assistant, review the answers provided, and select that you still need help if applicable. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance! 

Greta | Shopify 

Maxjb
Visitor
1 0 0

This is ridiculous that you don't have a call line to speak with someone at Shopify, you know a lot of issues are pretty technical to have them described through text only, I have been going in circles with your live chat agent. This might be saving your company a lot of time and money but it is a huge waste of time for your customers who are busy small business owners and don't have time to for this. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1106 118 141

Hi there, @Maxjb!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I certainly understand where you're coming from. I'd like to share some context with you as to why we're prioritizing our live chat channel.

Merchant experience has always been & continues to be our first priority - we’re constantly looking at our service offering to ensure it continues to meet the needs of all merchants. Async and chat are our most efficient channels for quickly and effectively providing support to merchants, which includes ensuring you can get easy access to resources and other support teams.

Your feedback will be shared our leadership team. Thank you again!

Greta | Shopify 

swaggett
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I can't find help ANYWHERE and your bot chat system is useless! I'm frustrated beyond words!

I need to figure out why taxes are not being charged on my products. I've add my tax info into "Taxes and Duties" and "Charge Tax on this Product" is enable in my product pages.

I don't want another automated message with a link to a useless article. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1106 118 141

Hi, @swaggett.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your taxes, and I absolutely understand how frustrating it is not being able to get in touch. 

If you would like to reach out to our team through live chat, you can follow these steps:

1. Head over to the Help Center
  2. Enter the details of your issue into the chat assistant (in your case, something like "Taxes aren't being charged on my products despite the tax settings being enabled").
  3. After the chat assistant has provided its response, click I still need help below their message. 
  4. Select your store and be transferred to a Support Advisor. 

If you'd prefer, I can assist you here. When you say taxes aren't being charged on your products, is it for all orders, or only orders placed in certain regions? If you have any additional information you can share with me here, that would be super helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this! 

Greta | Shopify 

snugitout
Visitor
2 0 0

and another link to a useless article LMAO. seems Shopify is 100% ai driven now.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1670 109 218

We're happy to help as much as we can here. If you have any general questions about Shopify, post a new topic on the relevant board and the Community will do their best to help.

Account-specific issues such as billing inquiries or matters to do with your account's settings require contacting Shopify Support securely through the Help Center. Whether or not you're able to login, the virtual assistant chat in the Help Center will be able to connect you with our team. If you're logged in, you might see an option to click "Account support" or "I still need help" within the virtual assistant chat. If you can't login, type "can't login" to proceed. 

In the interest of account security, we can't access your account from here. This is why account-specific matters need to be handled securely through the Help Center.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 

snugitout
Visitor
2 0 0

seems like this was also an ai driven response, they just keep running me around in circles when I am just seeking human assistance