How can I sort collections by product date tags without duplicating pre-orders?

PaladinVinyl
Tourist
9 0 3

Looking for some insight to creating a collection based on product date tags (or a range of time ideally) and also not showing products even if they meet the date criteria but have a different tag. I sell Vinyl records and have thousands of items. 

Some detail:

I have two collections now, one for Pre-Order products called Pre-Orders and one for new releases titled New Releases.

Pre-Order products collection simply shows products taged with Pre-Order. Works fine.

New Releases is setup now to show products by release date tags, so I have the last few weeks or so listed to coincide with release dates (i.e. 12/16/2022, 12/23/2022 etc) and conditions. And usually a few weeks in advance so i dont have to constantly update the dates. This lets me show a range and while not ideal, works. 

In the past pre-orders were just a dozen or less at a time, and they would show according to their release date on the new releases page. Now we have greatly expanded our pre-order offerings and they crowd out in-stock items (as they were added after the in-stocks and sorting was new to old). This defeats the purpose of the collection by duplicating the Pre-Orders colletion.

This has complicated our already imperfect collection rules scheme and I cannot figure out a way to make this smarter.

With Flow, I could setup a detailed sorting scheme and probably meet all my needs, however I was hoping for an easy and simple fix.

Is there another way i am not seeing? Thanks in advance for your help.

2023-01-13 10_28_51-PALADIN VINYL · Collections · New Releases · Shopify.jpg

Replies 2 (2)

PaladinVinyl
Tourist
9 0 3

Bump

Ive tried creating a flow to help fix this problem and that is apparently above my skill level. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ideally a flow that could take a date condition such as today and last 30 days or todays date plus 2 weeks and todays date minus 30 days etc. 

Miriam_Solovey
Shopify Partner
32 0 2

Hi @PaladinVinyl, this is Miriam from Kimonix app. Our app can help you filter and sort your collections by advanced data parameters.

I would love to help you out, but I am not sure I understand your use case and your current setup.

Why are you using dates as tags? Is there an option to use parameters such as “published date” for example?

You can have a look at our dictionary to learn more about each parameter you can use. 

I also suggest watching this short video to see how easy it is to sort a collection using the app.

We are a plug-and-play solution (we are not touching your code) so feel free to try the app.

Looking forward to your answer so I can help further 🙂