How can I track customer responses to emails sent via Shopify?

ezekieltriccas
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Recently I have sent customers some emails privately through their email on shopify. I’m just wondering how I can see if they responsed, Would it go to my email or somewhere is shopify to view?

Replies 2 (2)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @ezekieltriccas,

Where are you sending these emails from? If you've enabled a contact form on your store, the submissions there will be sent to the sender email you have set for your store. This email address can be entered in by heading to Settings > Notifications in the Shopify admin.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Farhan_05
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

When you send emails to customers through Shopify, the responses from customers will typically go to the email address that you used to set up your Shopify store. This is because the email address your customers see as the sender when they receive their emails is the one you’ve entered under Settings > General > Store details > Sender email in your Shopify admin.

However, these notifications are really being sent from your Shopify admin, rather than your own email inbox, so that’s why you’re not seeing them in your Sent folder. If you want to check the emails sent to your customers from Shopify, you can go to Settings > Notifications in your Shopify Admin, find Customer Notifications, then select Customize. From here, select the template you wish to view and edit.

If a customer responds to one of these emails, the response will be sent to the email address associated with your Shopify store. So, you should check the inbox of the email account you used to set up your Shopify store to see if customers have responded to your emails.

Remember, the exact process can vary depending on how the Shopify store is set up. If you’re having trouble finding customer responses, it’s always a good idea to contact Shopify’s customer service for assistance. They should be able to help you navigate the platform and ensure you’re receiving and viewing your customer responses correctly. Happy selling!

Developer Farhan