How can we manage jewelry repair orders using Shopify?

Jbabb
Excursionist
30 0 2

Hello.  We sell jewelry, and sometimes we get items to repair in our brick and mortar stores, how can we process these using Shopify?

Its no big deal, its basically a description of he item, date, client, intended delivery date, location that receives the order and price.

It would be desiable to see which orders are open or not returned to the client yet.

Open to ideas

Replies 5 (5)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Hello @Jbabb  "shop performance" is about website speed , not about arbitrary business process efficiency.

For bespoke work orders , see the docs for either draft orders.

If repairs are unique  you'll want to custom line-items in the draft order.

If each repair is hourly just create a product "hourly" set to that price, not published to the online-sales channel,  to be used in draft orders.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Jbabb
Excursionist
30 0 2
Thanks. But how to you do draft orders in POS?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Adding POS to the mix I'm pretty sure requires an app to work on them through the POS, otherwise your sending as an invoice or collecting payment in the admin side of things.

I'd contact shopify support for POS to confirm and feature request, then look into the apps to improve the workflow.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

wisefools
Shopify Partner
9 0 6

Hi @PaulNewton did you find a solution for this? Looking for a solution for exactly the same case. Not for repairs after buying. But repairs after using.

BerglindSnorra
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have the same need for a repair app, I have been looking for a long time. I found a conversation in this comunity. As I understand it, Shopify is developing a repair program they cal Feeksy. It is not out yet but you can follow the results here, https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps/what-to-use-for-repair-customizing-forms-app/td-p/46419...