Solved

How do I contact customer support?

Hellohowareyou
Tourist
4 0 36

Either I am clinically inept or it is actually quite hard to find a way to directly contact customer support. I need to talk to Shopify support regarding billing. I looked around and haven't found neither an email nor some sort of chat with customer support. Only encyclopedia-scale FAQ pages. I must be blind.

So...

How the hell do I contact customer support?

Have a nice day, and don't forget to wash your hands.

Accepted Solution (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @WREATHLADY 

I'm sorry to hear you have had some issues getting connected with our support team, I am happy to help you with that! The steps in this thread from earlier posts may be a little outdated at this time, so I'll share the current steps for support here. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center, type into the AI chat "contact support" and follow the prompts to sign in and get connected to our support team. If you are having any issues with these steps, please feel free to let me know here. If you can also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that will help me troubleshoot that with you. 

Was there anything that I can help you with in our community forums? I am not able to access your merchant account directly, but I can definitely provide support for general questions or resources. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 57 (57)

Hellohowareyou
Tourist
4 0 36

Considering that a few hours have passed since I posted this and nobody has responded yet, I assume that I'm not the only one who has a problem finding a way to contact customer service? Surely it can't be that hard?

Hellohowareyou
Tourist
4 0 36

Edit: nevermind, I found their phone number.

1and3genesis
Visitor
2 0 2

What's the contact information for shopify?

aliimran421
Visitor
1 0 0

I cancelled my store but still got charged for a month. I am trying to find Customer service direct number for USA but i still can not find it anywhere? Did anyone got their number or is it just me? 

I got free trial and now i am being charged even though i never use my trial store. Shopify should notify before charging people. Need help to find customer service contact number.

nmamerow
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to be able to talk to a representative from Shopify and I have looked for a phone number or an email to contact shopify in which I haven't been able to.

Please provide me with the contact numbers.

Thank you,

Orworld.net

Nancy Mamerow

AG369
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying to set up payment information and I'm putting the right date of birth and it says invalid I've been looking for answers but can't find any can I get a contact phone number that I can call to fix this problem ASAP !!

WorkinSquaw
Tourist
5 0 1

What was the phone number you found to contact Shopify? I need to TALK to someone. My issue is difficult to email/chat online about because there are several tiers of questions on the issue.

BHMD
Visitor
2 0 2
Hello,

Unfortunately there is no phone numbers.

And no one has ever answered any of my emails

I have deleted my Shopify account at this time

I hope you can solve your issues

Best,
nykiabenit
Visitor
1 0 0

what is the contact number ?

americano-foods
Visitor
1 0 1

Awesome! Could you post that number here?

OutdoorVariety
Visitor
1 0 0

Whats that number? Please

Christianwaldea
Visitor
1 0 0

please, if you found a number to contact them share it here please, they have been billing something I cancelled a year ago and I hate this situation!!! please help!!

WorkinSquaw
Tourist
5 0 1
Their chat or email has always worked for me.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @Christianwaldea 

I am sorry to hear about your experience and that you are being billed for a store you no longer want or believed was closed. If you still have access to the store account, you can sign in and close the store yourself by following these steps in our Help Center: Pausing or closing your storeIf you attempt to sign in and it asks you to renew the store plan, then the billing fees are not coming from that store account. 

If you are unable to close the store yourself or find that the store you believed was charging you is in fact closed, you will want to reach out to our live support team for the next steps. I understand that you were having some difficulties with that and I will share the steps here. 

To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account or continue without signing in, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options.  

Please be ready to provide a screenshot of your most recent billing charges on your credit card statement so that our team can track down where the charges are stemming from. 

Thank you,

-Shay

LoLoBodyCare
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

"To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account or continue without signing in, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options.  

DOES NOT WORK! The contract support button at the bottom of the results puts you back in the look and NO live support options are shown.

WorkinSquaw
Tourist
5 0 1
I don’t believe they have LIVE support as in talking to someone…but their LIVE CHAT is great, and they do reply quickly.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @LoLoBodyCare 

Could you confirm for me if you are seeing these contact options when you go through the Help Center (sign in, choose your store, select topic and issue):

23-41-29661-46200

If you are not seeing those options please do a full browser cache and cookie clear and also try loading the page in a private/incognito window in your browser. If that doesn't work, please ensure you have disabled all ad-blockers on your device and test in a different browser as well. Let me know if that solves this for you!

Shylynnemaeee
Visitor
1 0 0

I have tried all of these options too and those options do not show up. Shoptify billed me for a store I also cancelled about a year ago. And then they don't provide an easy solution to be contacted. Please have someone reach out to me! 

WorkinSquaw
Tourist
5 0 1
You need to click on this link:
https://help.shopify.com/en/support/topic-select?shopDomain=weworkinbrand.myshopify.com

Even if your question is none of the option blocks, click on the closest one and then keep going through the prompts…you will eventually get to a screen where you can either email or chat…and go from there. They actually are good on chat, or if it’s after hours they do answer once back during regular hours.

Hope that helps!
hiddengemonmain
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you share it? I can't find it anywhere!

WorkinSquaw
Tourist
5 0 1
Their chat actually works really well. Their email is also really good. Try this:

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

LoLoBodyCare
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Perhaps it did in 2021 but it does not work in 2023.

MarketForays
Tourist
4 0 1
I finally figured it out. You have to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the https://help.shopify.com/en help page, click on the link to Contact Shopify Support, enter your store address, which takes you to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/shop-select, then type online chat in the question area, and then finally you get this screen. They really hide this stuff, but once you get to someone they are usually helpful.

LoLoBodyCare
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

This no longer works, either.

APaule
Visitor
2 0 0

Care to share it?? I can't find anything either...

MarketForays
Tourist
4 0 1
It takes some jumping through hoops, but when you get phone support they are really good. Try this link.

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact
Beachgeeza
Visitor
1 0 0

What is the number?  I’m having the same problem.

Graceismine7
Visitor
1 0 0

Im having the same problem, what is the number?

llamamama
Visitor
2 0 7

I"m having an extremely hard time getting in touch with them as well. Yesterday they disabled their chat feature. Today they've removed all other ways to contact them. They used to have the option to send them an email, but that has been removed as well. I've called a number that I found on google and have been on hold for 45 mins.

stitchednatural
Visitor
1 0 2

We used to be able to get on line chat with support. Now all I get is this. When I try to log in or sign up, I just get kick back to my admin page. Help pleaseMicrosoft Edge 4_19_2020 5_22_34 PM.png

brisnyder36
Tourist
4 0 6

I'm having this problem too, have been trying for several days and no success. It's just a cycle you get locked in going round and round with no way to actually contact. It is actually extremely frustrating. Any luck in making contact?

BHMD
Visitor
2 0 2

I am having the same issues in contacting their support service. Has anyone found useful links/numbers?
I migrated my domain to Shopify because of the 24/7 Support Service but I might have to re-think that

DonnyW
Visitor
1 0 1

Same problem here. Cannot get through to Shopify. Looks like CHAT has already been disabled. Maybe WIX is better? 

GabrielaRuivo
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm also struggling to contact them. It used to be quite easy, now seems impossible. My shop is offline and I don't know what the hell is going on. Anyone in the UK experiencing issues with Shopify ? TIA

brisnyder36
Tourist
4 0 6
Hope this helps! Good luck!
brisnyder36
Tourist
4 0 6

There is a Loophole i found...

1.) type in your question, hit enter
2.) click on blue button that says “get help from Shopify support team”
3.) click blue button that says “chat with us”949BE639-D361-4621-8899-0FFD1A0FE8EE.jpeg

92D5E0FE-44C4-45AF-AEC6-DDBE5FE4D0EB.jpeg

861EE4FF-E9F4-4E81-A23F-A46351D21DE2.jpeg

CHANGE
Tourist
8 0 3

@brisnyder36 

Thank you!

pinkdiva
Visitor
2 0 1

Florida, U.S.A. and it's the same here. So don't feel too special, lol. I'm playing. But I guess that's what happens when a company gets successful, they

tend to forget the the people make them successful. Treat people like crap and then when a 'new platform joins the race... said people will 'migrate'

away.

pinkdiva
Visitor
2 0 1

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Wix is not better. I left there because when I renewed to a 2nd year the site began to have issues and support decided to disappear. So I lost money and switched to shopify, too. As usual support is right there in the beginning then as time goes on, seeking help makes one feel like 'the red-headed step child' lol. I feel like if I can get them outside of shop 'support' to end it without confusing them by knowing about the other one.

Yeah, now I'm searching too for a direct email. Long story short, closed a store after looking around. Then came back opened a different account and I still can't get them to release that email in the old closed account. I need it. Steps given to remove old account must apply to another dimension. There are zero capabilities in a closed account.

If anyone finds it....

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @Hellohowareyou 

You can contact them via 4 channels:

• Live chat support
  • Email support
  • Phone Support
  • Twitter

For details, you can read this guide: How To Get Shopify Support.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

MarketForays
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same question. New customer, need help figuring out how to integrate Shopify into my existing website. Chat was useless, and phone support cannot be found. Not really a promising start.

Gintare
Visitor
1 0 0

KateSam67
Tourist
4 0 2

They've made it really hard to find support, which is very frustrating. I chose this platform specifically because of the available support, and for the first year it was excellent, but it's been lousy for the last few years.

WREATHLADY
Visitor
1 0 0

I wish I had chosen another program to sell on-line. I agree with the support contacts. If you ask for an email contact, they send you to a sales link. And that's just a tool to send you spam. And I have never EVER used a program that wanted you to edit the base code to edit your site! "Oh and it's so easy" BS. Are they putting no money to make this more user friendly? And a lot of these changes you can actually do without a code edit. I have been fighting this program for about a week and you might not know it but I'm pi..ed off.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @WREATHLADY 

I'm sorry to hear you have had some issues getting connected with our support team, I am happy to help you with that! The steps in this thread from earlier posts may be a little outdated at this time, so I'll share the current steps for support here. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center, type into the AI chat "contact support" and follow the prompts to sign in and get connected to our support team. If you are having any issues with these steps, please feel free to let me know here. If you can also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that will help me troubleshoot that with you. 

Was there anything that I can help you with in our community forums? I am not able to access your merchant account directly, but I can definitely provide support for general questions or resources. 

Marytmccarthy
Not applicable
1 0 0

Whenever I try to contact support I get a “too many redirects” response and I can’t get anywhere 🫤🫠

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

I'm sorry to hear that @Marytmccarthy 

If you haven't yet, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies, trying in an incognito/private window and in a different browser. 

If that still isn't working, please sign out of the Help Center then try this link: Help Center - Contact Support. It will allow you to contact support without being logged into the Help Center. 

If for any reason you are still having issues, please let me know here or you can connect with us via social media for a faster response time: Twitter/X - Shopify Support or Facebook Private Message - Shopify.

TheVitaeGourmet
Visitor
1 0 0

Shay, I have tried your suggested method multiple times and I keep getting the page that says, "There's a problem loading this page."

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @TheVitaeGourmet thank you for joining the conversation, I am sorry to hear you are also having these issues. 

Can you share a screenshot of the page you are seeing that error message on as well as the URL/website address for the page? Understanding what step you are experiencing issues will assist me in troubleshooting this with you. 

If you are seeing a persistent error message I do recommend trying alternate browsers/devices/internet connections to help rule out any local issues. If you haven't yet, trying on a mobile phone data plan can help rule out a lot of problems as well.