How do I migrate my existing Shopify store to a new Shopify store?

Solved
pmartensen
Excursionist
28 2 4

I changed my company name, so I got a new Shopify store with the new company name.  How do I migrate my existing Shopify store from the old store to the new store?  I exported the store theme files, but I don't see a way to upload those to the new store.

Thanks

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
201 17 37

Hey,

You can upload the exported theme in your new store from : Online store -> themes -> theme library -> upload theme.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Thanks!

Please Like and Accept Solution if it helps you.
Get Support for Customization right away CLICK ME TO GET HELP NOW.
Our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3993 388 802

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @pmartensen,

Can I ask which aspect of the store you want to change with the new company name? If it is just the .myshopify.com URL, then changing and getting a new store might be more hassle than it's worth as once you get a custom domain that URL is more of a store ID and not public. You can change the store name for the public side of things in the settings by taking these steps:

Settings > General > Store name

15-12-govzb-lsxlz

If you definitely want to go the route of starting a new store, Shopify has a guide on duplicating a store. Some aspect can be uploaded via CSV, but other information will still need to be entered manually. The one thing I did want to make you aware of with a transfer like this, is with the theme. 

When you buy a theme from the Shopify Theme Store, that theme is licensed only to the store that you originally buy it for. If you want to transfer a theme license to another store, then you need to contact Shopify Support.

I wonder if this is where you are encountering your problem with uploading the new theme files to the store? 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes