How do you change the left menu to go to a product NOT a collection?

mkd411
6 0 0

Im wanting my customers to be able to click from the left bar menu straight to the product item-

Right now my menu is taking them to a collection item, then having to click again on that item to go to the product and add to cart. Is there a way to skip that middle page?? 
thank you

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
268 47 53

Hi, @mkd411

You can change the menu items to link to a product instead of a collection. I appreciate your thinking, decreasing the number of clicks a customer needs to take to check out can help with your conversion rate.

To edit your menu links, here are the steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation
  2. Click the name of the menu that includes the item.
    For example, Main Menu.
  3. In the Menu items section, click Edit beside the name of the item you wish to change.
  4. To change the destination of the menu item, click the x in the Link field, and then enter or select a new destination from the drop down.
    For example, click Products, then select the product you wish to link to. 
  5. Click Apply changes.
  6. Click Save menu.

There is a video on editing menu items on our YouTube Help Center if you'd like to follow a visual example. I'll also share a blog article we have on tuning up your product pages to help increase your conversions. I recommend having a read for some ideas, especially if you're customers will be directed straight to your product pages. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes