Solved

How does Amazon track product clicks from my online store?

Pure-Profits
Visitor
2 0 1

So i dont understand. If i put amazon products on my page with a link and a customer clicks on a product to buy it amd get to checkout how do they py and how does amazon know they clicked that product if it never routes them to amazon amd it stays on the shipify store?

Brandon Milligan
Accepted Solution (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2221 201 591

This is an accepted solution.

If they are checking out on your Shopify store, they pay you with credit card or PayPal, then you ship the product to them.

If they're your products, you can use an app like Order Automator to connect your Amazon Seller Central account to your Shopify store to automatically ship the products from your Amazon inventory.

If you're promoting other people's products, you would have to purchase those products and ship to the customer, assuming you want to go through the normal checkout flow. If you're mixing some Amazon products in your Shopify store, like accessories that you are promoting via affiliate links, you would have your regular products "add to cart" so people can check out, and those additional accessories with affiliate links to amazon "buy on amazon". You can do whatever you want, just a matter of editing the theme code.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2221 201 591

This is an accepted solution.

If they are checking out on your Shopify store, they pay you with credit card or PayPal, then you ship the product to them.

If they're your products, you can use an app like Order Automator to connect your Amazon Seller Central account to your Shopify store to automatically ship the products from your Amazon inventory.

If you're promoting other people's products, you would have to purchase those products and ship to the customer, assuming you want to go through the normal checkout flow. If you're mixing some Amazon products in your Shopify store, like accessories that you are promoting via affiliate links, you would have your regular products "add to cart" so people can check out, and those additional accessories with affiliate links to amazon "buy on amazon". You can do whatever you want, just a matter of editing the theme code.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
Pure-Profits
Visitor
2 0 1
Thank you so much I greatly appreciate it I am just starting out in this
field. I am trying really hard. I guess I just wish I knew someone that has
been thru the process and really doing good and wanting to show someone how
to do it in simpler terms.i got some affiliate products uploaded to my
store now I have to get a subscription to remove the password ugh lol thank
you again for your help
Brandon Milligan
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2221 201 591

You're welcome Brandon. You could try You Tube for learning, there are a lot of video guides from ecommerce / affiliate people that have been where you're at and are teaching now.

Thnk
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a similar issue except our links do route the customer to Amazon. We are using Amazon Affiliate but once the customer clicks on that product, they are immediately taken to the Amazon site to purchase from Amazon (rather than our Shopify Shopping Cart) to complete the purchase. We just had our first affiliate purchase but the notice came from Shopify and looks as though the full purchase was made through Shopify NOT Amazon. How is that possible? Does this mean we need to purchase the item and ship it to the customer, and how is that even the case when clicking our "Amazon product" takes you directly to Amazon? -Thank you for any advice. 

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2221 201 591

If the purchase was made through Shopify then yes you are responsible for shipping that item to the customer (since they paid you for it).

If they purchased through Shopify you'll see that on your orders page. Similar to stores that use Amazon FBA to ship Shopify orders, you would ship the item from them (sounds like by purchasing from Amazon, if you're an affiliate).

To answer the question "How is that possible":

1) Contact the customer and ask them

2) Test the website yourself to see where you can add to cart and checkout